• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
Falmouth Town's TLC is FMT, which to me reflects its current name rather than its former name. Also it currently receives 2tph each way.
 

Buttsy

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2011
Messages
1,374
Location
Hanborough
I now know that (I checked after on National Rail). I also know the station in this and I'm really, really, REALLY miffed I didn't get it...
 

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
Clue 5: This station, along with another, quieter station nearby, featured in the comedy series End of Part One.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Nearly 24 hours since this clue was set. Ivo, I think we need a rules clarification on this sort of situation...
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
If it helps, as a contestant I shall state that I have never heard the aforementioned comedy series.
 

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
Perhaps I should hold my hands up and say that clue 5 was a tad harsh then (although I had hoped clues 1-4 and the "and another, quieter station nearby" part of clue 5 might have narrowed it down rather a lot).

The answer I was looking for was Catford Bridge.

Open floor, in the interests of fairness.
 

Top