• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
Does the five-minute rule not apply now?

I haven't heard anything to suggest it doesn't. There have been several instances where the player with the floor has proceeded without a valid answer when none have been provided, in some cases within a few days, on the other hand...
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Come on... electrified line, conversion to light rail...

We all messed up by jumping in when Clue 5 was in the making, meaning there are no players around to continue the game. I'm half expecting the answer to be on the St Albans Abbey route - does that run on Sundays? - but I'm not permitted another guess either.

In other words, give us the answer and then go again :p
 

Eagle

Established Member
Joined
20 Feb 2011
Messages
7,106
Location
Leamingrad / Blanfrancisco
I never said anything about Sundays!

I'm going to let the two of you who accidentally posted after clue 5 have another guess, in the interest of fairness.
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
How Wood isn't in my atlas...

...but Park Street is.

Oh, and having checked my super-scale atlas, so is How Wood :(
 

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
And I wasn't using an atlas at all there, just Google Maps... :(

PS You may have noticed that during your absence there have been a further 2 rounds where the required station was Derby Road... both set by the same player :lol:
 

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
We all messed up by jumping in when Clue 5 was in the making, meaning there are no players around to continue the game. I'm half expecting the answer to be on the St Albans Abbey route - does that run on Sundays? - but I'm not permitted another guess either.

In other words, give us the answer and then go again :p

St Albans Abbey route has hourly sunday service i believe
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
PS You may have noticed that during your absence there have been a further 2 rounds where the required station was Derby Road... both set by the same player :lol:

Only two? :lol:

Were there any One-Hit KO rounds? I see you managed it only a few days ago - and then almost suffered the same fate on your turn! Good stuff everyone :p
 

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
Only two? :lol:

Were there any One-Hit KO rounds? I see you managed it only a few days ago - and then almost suffered the same fate on your turn! Good stuff everyone :p

Think there might have been one a while back where the classic response to "This station is south of Carlisle" actually came good (Penrith North Lakes) :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Watford North

That has to count as "named after a settlement" surely?
 

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
Think there might have been one a while back where the classic response to "This station is south of Carlisle" actually came good (Penrith North Lakes) :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


That has to count as "named after a settlement" surely?

So where is this settlement named "Watford North"?
 

Top