• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Serco / Abbellio you're looking at (I think) Merseyrail and Northern. Greater Anglia too, if we take the / to mean or. Wigan Wallgate?
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Trafford Park

This last clue will have to be pretty distinctive - there are way too many options available (like almost all of Merseyrail) at this stage.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
This station, which is fully electrified with one type of electrification, is advertised as a terminus for some services.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
The correct answer is Liverpool Central.

As far as I can tell, only Leeds, Bradford FS, Liverpool C, New Brighton and West Kirby are possibilities.
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Shipley, Doncaster, Manchester Piccadilly, Manchester Oxford Road, Wakefield Westgate, Wigan NW are amongst others I have come up with.
 
Last edited:

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
The correct answer is Liverpool Central.

As far as I can tell, only Leeds, Bradford FS, Liverpool C, New Brighton and West Kirby are possibilities.

Right - let's see.

Leeds - fails Clue 3 (Network Rail)
Bradford FS - fair enough
Liverpool C - I thought of that after Hooton :(
New Brighton - your clue states "some services", which is ambigious
West Kirby - ditto
Hooton - some services do terminate here
Hazel Grove - some services do terminate here
Shipley - assuming some services do terminate here this is OK
Doncaster - fails Clue 3 (East Coast)
Manchester P - fails Clue 3 (Network Rail)
Manchester O - OK
Wakefield W - fails Clue 3 (East Coast)
Wigan NW - fails Clue 3 (Virgin)
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
Shipley, Doncaster, Manchester Piccadilly, Manchester Oxford Road, Wakefield Westgate, Wigan NW are amongst others I have come up with.
I don't think Oxford Road fits, I don't think there's wires on Platform 5
Also, what terminates at Shipley?

 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
I'm sure p5 at Oxford Road is wired.

There are some late night Bradford FS-Shipley short runs. There are less than it initially seems though, I'll grant you that.


Adwick fits as well.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
I suppose I'll accept that I left it a little bit too open, having just found Skipton as well :(
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
OPen floor
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Cleethorpes?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I suppose I'll accept that I left it a little bit too open, having just found Skipton as well :(
Skipton would have failed your clue 4, as it is in North Yorkshire.
 

Top