• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Clue 4:
This station has a connection to Terry Dolan which is similar to Airbles' connection to Alex McCleish.
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Oh thanks (!) :lol:

Clue 1: This station is within 10 miles of a football stadium that will host English League football (i.e. top four divisions) in 2012-13.
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Clue 4: This station is served by local trains that terminate in at least one of Brighton, Portsmouth and Southampton.
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Clue 5: This station's name is different to the settlement it serves, but not to a substantial degree - a visitor would still be able to associate the two.

(Hint: Any difference is still a difference, i.e. Burton-on-Trent vs Burton-upon-Trent.)
 

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
Chandlers Ford (the difference being that the settlement name has an apostrophe).
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oh crud, I forgot at least one of the other clues... <(
 

Temple Meads

Established Member
Joined
2 Sep 2010
Messages
2,283
Location
Devon
Scott, I know in Post #908 you explained the Scrabble Points structure for those who weren't familiar with it, and I believe a similar thing would be useful with these routing maps, as I have no clue about where in the country they are located.

I know I once read a PDF that fully explained and illustrated them, would you know where this is located?
 

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
Scott, I know in Post #908 you explained the Scrabble Points structure for those who weren't familiar with it, and I believe a similar thing would be useful with these routing maps, as I have no clue about where in the country they are located.

I know I once read a PDF that fully explained and illustrated them, would you know where this is located?

http://www.atoc.org/clientfiles/File/Maps.pdf
 

Top