Jamiescott1
Member
- Joined
- 22 Feb 2019
- Messages
- 1,116
A pub i went to today has one door in and out. To the left of the door is an entry only sign. To the right an exit only sign
Well I have only had the flu jab the last 3 or 4 years but I have never had to wait 10 minutes.In addition the flu jab letter instructs me in no uncertain terms to leave the premises as soon as I've had the jab. Whatever happened to waiting 10 minutes in case you have an allergic reaction?
A pub i went to today has one door in and out. To the left of the door is an entry only sign. To the right an exit only sign
Not if the sign on the inside of the premises states ‘Keep Right’- and I have actually seen that!To be fair, while a keep left sign would make more sense, that does at least have the effect of avoiding the "left right dance" that sometimes ensues when people end up face to face at a doorway.
I can see nothing on gov.uk about breakfast slots.
What is it with people defending poor customer service?Think outside the box. It's a restaurant. Most restaurants are operating with advance booking.
Every hotel I've stayed in since March has worked like this.
What is it with people defending poor customer service?
As the OP says, it was not made clear either on the booking email or when the first day’s breakfast was booked.
My local m and s now has a member of staff positioned on each entrance to tell people to sanitise on entry to the store.
It has 3 entrances.
For a company in financial difficulty, its not the best use of resources
My local m and s now has a member of staff positioned on each entrance to tell people to sanitise on entry to the store.
You’re there to relax, break the chain of routine and rigid regimentation that is part and parcel of working life.
So it's poor service, but at the same time the customer's fault for not asking.That is I agree poor service if true, but at the moment I think because everything is different a prudent person asks what the situation is.
So it's poor service, but at the same time the customer's fault for not asking.
I hope they are not making it a condition of entry to the store? If you’ve just been shopping in a shop across the road, and sanitised on the way out, it’s a bit OTT to have to do it again.My local m and s now has a member of staff positioned on each entrance to tell people to sanitise on entry to the store.
It has 3 entrances.
For a company in financial difficulty, its not the best use of resources
I hope they are not making it a condition of entry to the store? If you’ve just been shopping in a shop across the road, and sanitised on the way out, it’s a bit OTT to have to do it again.
If they did insist, I’d politely but firmly tell them there are many other and cheaper places to shop, and that they just lost my custom
If people aren't sanitising, short of closing two of the three I fail to see the realistic alternative.
I hope they are not making it a condition of entry to the store? If you’ve just been shopping in a shop across the road, and sanitised on the way out, it’s a bit OTT to have to do it again.
If they did insist, I’d politely but firmly tell them there are many other and cheaper places to shop, and that they just lost my custom
Assess the risk.
What is the risk of someone dying from touching an item of clothing that someone with covid has touched?
Say that including ni, holiday pay etc that the hourly rate of one of these staff is £10.
Store open 11 hours a week day. A cost of £330 daily.
Id say the cost outweighs the risk.
Optional reservations, yes. Mandatory, definitely not.It probably sits in the same sort of bracket of the fact that one should not have to lock one's house, but that anyone who doesn't is a fool. So yes.
(The point I was making was more that I consider breakfast reservations, at least optionally, very good customer service myself; queueing is the definition of a waste of time in every possible setting).
FWIW, I always ask "How does breakfast work" when I check into a hotel. I find it surprising just how often that information isn't volunteered unless you ask for it. Particularly surprising in places where it comes at an extra cost, as not explaining it is a failed upsell.
It's nothing like that. Every business is making up whatever rules it sees fit (some of them utterly pointless) in the name of the pandemic - they need to be explaining them clearly to their customers.It probably sits in the same sort of bracket of the fact that one should not have to lock one's house, but that anyone who doesn't is a fool. So yes.
I would agree that offering optional reservations is a good idea. But telling someone they're 20mins into their slot (as the OP said) is straight out of the old Blackpool guest house school of service (must be something about Blackpool!); or if you prefer, it's out of Little Britain's Carol Beer's playbook.(The point I was making was more that I consider breakfast reservations, at least optionally, very good customer service myself; queueing is the definition of a waste of time in every possible setting).
FWIW, I always ask "How does breakfast work" when I check into a hotel. I find it surprising just how often that information isn't volunteered unless you ask for it. Particularly surprising in places where it comes at an extra cost, as not explaining it is a failed upsell.
Is it permitted for a shop to mandate sanitising upon entry, given that some people may have allergies to the substances used in the sanitiser?
Optional reservations, yes. Mandatory, definitely not.
Though it can depend on the purpose and location of the trip. If I wander down and the hotel restaurant is full in a city centre location then I'll just go somewhere else. If there isn't really anywhere else, such as in Belfast where I am at the moment, then if I want breakfast in the hotel I definitely will reserve. I reserved a table on Friday night for yesterday morning in the Premier Inn which was no problem. I'd have had no issues had I not bothered booking though and surprisingly wasn't asked for any payment until after I'd eaten.
I would agree that offering optional reservations is a good idea. But telling someone they're 20mins into their slot (as the OP said) is straight out of the old Blackpool guest house school of service (must be something about Blackpool!); or if you prefer, it's out of Little Britain's Carol Beer's playbook.
I wonder if anyone has considered the long term effect on our skin, digestive systems & of course the environment from constant use of sanitisers?
Given how many jobs require repeated washing/sanitising of hands, yes, I would expect so.
But those are limited, I'm talking about the widespread use of the by the public globally. We must be tipping huge volumes of the stuff into our normal environment.
It's alcohol, which is a very well known chemical of which many of us tip loads down our gobs with few issues other than a banging headache unless we *really* overdo it. I think you're worrying unnecessarily.
DESCRIPTION OF RISK AND LIKELY CONSEQUENCES: R11 – Highly flammable. R36 – irritating to eyes. R67 – Vapours may cause drowsiness and dizziness. Safety phrases: S25: Avoid contact with eyes. S26: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. S46: If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label.
However, we need exposure to pathogens to keep our immune system active, what effect is all this sanitising having? As an aside most shops I've been in don't insist on sanitising hands, is it's requirement? I don't know so is an honest question.It's alcohol, which is a very well known chemical of which many of us tip loads down our gobs with few issues other than a banging headache unless we *really* overdo it. I think you're worrying unnecessarily.