• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The longer the distance, the cheaper it becomes !

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonrakerz

Member
Joined
10 Feb 2009
Messages
870
I was buying Advance tickets on the FGW website yesterday from Warminster to Rochester, a fairly common event. Usual route taken is: WMN to WAT (through train), WAE to RTR; splitting tickets at ABW. Fare £13.30 single. It has been possible to get a marginally cheaper fare (saving 10p) by going via WSB to PAD, then tube to WAE - not worth the trouble though.

Yesterday, there was a new route there which I had never seen before:
WMN to BTH, BTH to PAD, PAD to STP (tube), STP to RTR (HS1) all for £7.90 !!

I might see how much it is via Cardiff !
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

317 forever

Established Member
Joined
21 Aug 2010
Messages
3,286
Location
North West
You remind me of the time in 2007 when I got an Advance Single from Orpington to Swindon for £9, travelling just before lunchtime. When the train reached Reading I reflected that it would have been impossible to travel from Orpington just to Reading so cheaply!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top