I would love to know more about this short-lived service.
Does anyone have any information about it?
Timetables? Route etc?
It is mentioned, and there is even a tiny bit of black and white footage of a train departing, in the Merseyside Memories No.7 DVD “Steam on the Wirral”.
I understand that the service ran from New Brighton to West Kirby, then down the west coast of the Wirral to Hooton, before going on to Chester and Crewe. That’s about all I know about it!
Thanks in advance!
Does anyone have any information about it?
Timetables? Route etc?
It is mentioned, and there is even a tiny bit of black and white footage of a train departing, in the Merseyside Memories No.7 DVD “Steam on the Wirral”.
I understand that the service ran from New Brighton to West Kirby, then down the west coast of the Wirral to Hooton, before going on to Chester and Crewe. That’s about all I know about it!
Thanks in advance!