I'd have supported Emily Thornberry for leader. The one thing which sticks in my mind though was the weird Rochester flag tweet. Might've blown over, but with the current rate of flag-shagging, I imagine it'll be brought up and used against her all over again. Otherwise she appears to have conviction, actually speaks like a normal person rather than a PR bot repeating, "My father was a toolmaker.", and holds views which I believe mostly embolden the Labour Party values. She seems not so popular among her peers when it comes to leadership contests though, so not holding out much hope.
I still believe Starmer is in it for the full term if he can. He was elected mainly on a ticket of bringing some sort of stability to government after the chaos we had for years before. If Labour follow the Tories into changing party leaders every couple of years, or without a general election mandate, they'll lose this angle. I think we'll have to see how the Senedd and Holyrood elections go next year mind; if Labour really tank them, it could be vote of no confidence territory for Starmer. Labour has been in-fighting over their leader since Brown took over without a general election; it's nothing new.