Yesterday was full of train goodness!
First to set the stage was an unexpected surprise of an East Coast HST, powercar
43314 leading into Central's platform one.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo0998.jpg
I had planned to get the 18:27 off East Kilbride to see the Great Britain arrive,
but sadly, this service was cancelled. The next out was the 18:56, which was too
late to see the special arrive.
I would've loved to have watched the locos
navigate Bridge Street Junction.
The unit from which I got off, 156 511 finds that despite her own BR heritage, she
can't compete with some LMS legends, and doesn't seem very chuffed about
that either!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo0999.jpg
45407 and 44871 stand together.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1000.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1006.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1009.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1011.jpg
I got let in the cab of 45407, which was simply breath-taking! Honestly, words
cannot describe how awesome this was.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1010.jpg
Showing some heritage here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1012.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1018.jpg
44871 is the youngest of the two, being built in 1945 while 45407 is from 1937, do
both did see service with the LMS.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1020.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1022.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1023.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1024.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1025.jpg
44871 certainly made quite a scene!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1027.jpg
Sadly, all good things come to an end and the locos had to leave.
.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1029.jpg
Oh, and guess who else decided to show up?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1016.jpg
314 212 makes the night complete. Have to say, the blue on the front is hideous in
person.
All in all, a good day. Although any day's a good day when I get to climb into
the cab of a steam loco at Glasgow Central. Many thanks to the guy who let that
happen!
First to set the stage was an unexpected surprise of an East Coast HST, powercar
43314 leading into Central's platform one.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo0998.jpg
I had planned to get the 18:27 off East Kilbride to see the Great Britain arrive,
but sadly, this service was cancelled. The next out was the 18:56, which was too
late to see the special arrive.
navigate Bridge Street Junction.
The unit from which I got off, 156 511 finds that despite her own BR heritage, she
can't compete with some LMS legends, and doesn't seem very chuffed about
that either!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo0999.jpg
45407 and 44871 stand together.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1000.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1006.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1009.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1011.jpg
I got let in the cab of 45407, which was simply breath-taking! Honestly, words
cannot describe how awesome this was.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1010.jpg
Showing some heritage here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1012.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1018.jpg
44871 is the youngest of the two, being built in 1945 while 45407 is from 1937, do
both did see service with the LMS.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1020.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1022.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1023.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1024.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1025.jpg
44871 certainly made quite a scene!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1027.jpg
Sadly, all good things come to an end and the locos had to leave.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1029.jpg
Oh, and guess who else decided to show up?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/6ranger6power/Photo1016.jpg
314 212 makes the night complete. Have to say, the blue on the front is hideous in
person.
All in all, a good day. Although any day's a good day when I get to climb into
the cab of a steam loco at Glasgow Central. Many thanks to the guy who let that
happen!