• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The East Lancs Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistler40145

Established Member
Joined
30 Apr 2010
Messages
6,149
Location
Lancashire
Hi there

I wasn't on The East Lancs Explorer yesterday, but heard of 40145's failure with a suspected Traction Motor Flashover.

I hope she will be repaired in time for her trip over the G&SW, Glasgow City Union line & the re-opened line via Airdrie & Bathgate to Edinburgh on 6 November?

I am not very technically minded, but what is the cause of a Traction Motor Flashover and why one motor caused a failure?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nedchester

Established Member
Joined
28 May 2008
Messages
2,093
Hi there

I wasn't on The East Lancs Explorer yesterday, but heard of 40145's failure with a suspected Traction Motor Flashover.

I hope she will be repaired in time for her trip over the G&SW, Glasgow City Union line & the re-opened line via Airdrie & Bathgate to Edinburgh on 6 November?

I am not very technically minded, but what is the cause of a Traction Motor Flashover and why one motor caused a failure?

We are still investigating the cause but following Saturdays event it might be prudent to advise people of the ‘PayPal’ donation facility on the CFPS website.

If any of you wish to donate some money to the CFPS then why not make a PayPal donation to the D335 bogie appeal at:

http://www.cfps.co.uk/d335bogiefund.htm

Although this money will not directly go to 40145 it will mean that by donating to D335 then more money will be available from the pot to help repair 40145.

So go on drop us a few quid!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top