• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The death of the Class 81s

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevsmiththai

Member
Joined
7 Feb 2010
Messages
27
Location
Lake district
I'm in the middle of scanning in all of my E6 and Kodachrome from the early and middle 1990s as some of it is starting to deteriorate. having completed the epic task of doing class 58s and 60s I contemplated doing the 47s and 37s but its a huge job so I started on the A.C electrics.

What I found was 80 slides I shot in Coopers metals yard in Sheffield when they were cutting up the majority of the 81s in November 91. These are some of the saddest pictures I have ever taken and it was like the end of steam all over again as these 100mph beasts stood in the South Yorkshire mud.
81E6059.jpg


81E6006.jpg


I've put them all together as a slide show on youtube with a suitabily poignant soundtrack.

http://youtu.be/A1dE5v_bYgk

cheers

KEV
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top