• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Bloxwich Spelter works branch line

Status
Not open for further replies.

HullSimplibus

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2018
Messages
24
Location
Hull
Found myself extremely interested in Bloxwich spelter.

I know it came of the 'Cannock Chase Line', however i'm more interested in what type of workings went there, when the last one was e.t.c
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harbornite

Established Member
Joined
7 May 2016
Messages
3,627
Trip workings from Bescot ceased in 2006 and the branch was disconnected/lifted in 2013; Apparently, 66s were cleared for the branch towards the end of its life but I don't know if they were ever used instead of 37s.
 

HullSimplibus

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2018
Messages
24
Location
Hull
Trip workings from Bescot ceased in 2006 and the branch was disconnected/lifted in 2013; Apparently, 66s were cleared for the branch towards the end of its life but I don't know if they were ever used instead of 37s.
Its sad really - it seems as if our freight industry is slowly being flushed down the toilet.
 

HullSimplibus

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2018
Messages
24
Location
Hull
I know my (ex working) canal boat carried spelter between Ellesmere Port and Bloxwich in the mid 1950s.
Wow.

I would have loved to have seen that. However, there seems to be a lack of info/photos of Bloxwich Spelter and the transport to/from it. I have a Freightmaster book from 2001 however, which shows a working between Bescot and Bloxwich.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top