• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

THE BATH SPA CHRISTMAS EXPRESS - UK Railtours

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobShipway

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2009
Messages
3,337
Would I be correct in thinking that the Bath Spa Christmas Express after leaving Ascot on the 1st December would be heading through Reading and not stopping to travel to Bath?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EW2004

New Member
Joined
22 Nov 2016
Messages
1
Would I be correct in thinking that the Bath Spa Christmas Express after leaving Ascot on the 1st December would be heading through Reading and not stopping to travel to Bath?


Where can I find more information about the Bath Spa Christmass Express? I've never heard of it, to be honest. Sounds like a great idea. Pardon my ignorance but is it something recent?


Edward
 

NeilWatson

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2013
Messages
177
http://www.ukrailtours.com/product/the-bath-spa-christmas-express/

The graceful city of Bath is a wonderful place to visit at any time of year, but never more so than in the festive tide. Bath Christmas Market sees the centre of Bath transformed into a magical Christmas paradise as over 170 chalets packed full of individual Christmas gifts line the streets surrounding the Roman Baths and Bath Abbey. etc etc etc
 

Crawley Ben

Member
Joined
14 Jul 2011
Messages
559
Location
West Worthing
http://www.ukrailtours.com/product/the-bath-spa-christmas-express/

The graceful city of Bath is a wonderful place to visit at any time of year, but never more so than in the festive tide. Bath Christmas Market sees the centre of Bath transformed into a magical Christmas paradise as over 170 chalets packed full of individual Christmas gifts line the streets surrounding the Roman Baths and Bath Abbey. etc etc etc

Done the bath markets a couple of times before. Just a tip for anyone whose thinking of going. Either arrive very early, or don't drive as parking can be an absolute nightmare!

Cheers

Ben
 

Engineer

Member
Joined
7 Jan 2010
Messages
71
Location
Thames Valley
On time at 1030. Taking water at Newbury Racecourse.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Tornado at Newbury Racecourse scheduled 1202 - 1224.
 
Last edited:

Deepgreen

Established Member
Joined
12 Jun 2013
Messages
7,488
Location
Gomshall, Surrey
Spectacular display by Tornado in the frost this morning (Wandsworth Town).
 

Attachments

  • RX306165a.jpg
    RX306165a.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 50

Francis

Member
Joined
22 Dec 2011
Messages
184
Location
Chorley, Lancs
Coming in to Bristol on the 1608 Bath Spa to Gt Malvern I was surprised to see a steam loco in the sidings on the left just before Feeder Bridge Jc. It was dark and I couldn't catch the no. Now I see what it was. Thanks.
 

D1009

Established Member
Joined
22 Feb 2012
Messages
3,166
Location
Stoke Gifford
Coming in to Bristol on the 1608 Bath Spa to Gt Malvern I was surprised to see a steam loco in the sidings on the left just before Feeder Bridge Jc. It was dark and I couldn't catch the no. Now I see what it was. Thanks.
You are referring to Thurs 1st December - just checking because there was another run from Victoria to Bristol last Saturday (10th) worked by 34046 Braunton (masquerading as 34052).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top