• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

the Balkans, part seven - from Zagreb to Sarajevo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reini

Member
Joined
19 Mar 2007
Messages
105
Location
Austria/Vienna
EDIT: In reality, it's part six and not seven...

After a comfortable night on the sleeper I arrived in Zagreb 60 minutes late. T took some photos of the old Tatra trams around the main station:

IMG_6012.jpg


IMG_6016.jpg


IMG_6017.jpg


There aren't many trains in Zagreb on sunday morning, so I photographed only this unit, shunting to the platform. It will depart Zagreb as the 11:00 Zagreb-Split service:

IMG_6023-1.jpg


IMG_6025.jpg


Now I went down to Sarajevo. I had to change in Strizivojna-Vrpolje:

IMG_6030.jpg


The last HZ 2062 in the green livery came by, unfirtunately under terrible light conditions:

IMG_6032.jpg


This 2062 will haule my train to the Croatian border:

IMG_6035.jpg


After a öong journey I arrived in Sarajevo, where I met my friend who organized an accomondation earlier that day.
On the next morning, I took some photos of the trams:

IMG_6042.jpg


This ones are old trams from Vienna:

IMG_6048-1.jpg


IMG_6052.jpg


That's the daily EC train from Sarajevo to Budapest:

IMG_6054.jpg


We went to Ovcari for some hours, a small village in the mountains.
There aren't many trains on that line, but it's possible to photograph them about three times:

IMG_6056-1.jpg


B 396 on the way from Ploce to Zagreb:

IMG_6073.jpg


IMG_6079-1.jpg


Even a freight train came by:

IMG_6081.jpg


IMG_6086.jpg


IMG_6094.jpg


IMG_6101.jpg


Our train to Sarajevo is coming back:

IMG_6105.jpg


IMG_6111-1.jpg


Another tram from Vienna:

IMG_6116.jpg


IMG_6120.jpg


In the afternoon we did some sightseeing in Sarajevo:

IMG_6128.jpg


IMG_6132.jpg


IMG_6136.jpg


IMG_6138.jpg


IMG_6140.jpg


IMG_6144.jpg


In the evening we went up a hill to take some photos:

IMG_6159.jpg


IMG_6163.jpg


IMG_6166.jpg


IMG_6169.jpg


IMG_6170.jpg


That's the view from the youth hostel:

IMG_6174.jpg


Part seven will come soon!
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mintona

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2006
Messages
3,592
Location
South West
The freight train on the viaduct must be heavy :shock: The viaduct is bending under its weight! :lol:

Another nice selection there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top