BBC News - Beds, Herts & Bucks
A woman who found a giant 5kg (11lb) mushroom on a country walk said the vegetable fed her family for a whole week.
Alissimon Minnitt, 27, was walking with her father in a field in North Marston, near Winslow in Buckinghamshire, when they spotted the enormous fungus in the grass.
"It fed my family for a week... I've been eating it ever since. I still have three slices left in my freezer. I'll be honest - I'm a little bit sick of it," she said.
The musician is a keen forager with "an interest in mushrooms", and said she knew how to identify it and not mistake it for something poisonous.
The giant white mushroom is laying on a kitchen counter, cut in half, with cuttings laying next to it.
Ms Minnitt, from Chesham, found the fungi close to where she previously found another giant, but slightly smaller, mushroom in 2017.
"A giant puffball, external is the most easily recognisable 'forageable' mushroom," she said. "It looks like something from another planet, they are so weird."
The amateur mycologist explained she knew what shapes and colours to avoid. Experts say people without such knowledge should not take any risks.
.......