I probably would have; but am an inveterate pessimist -- "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is".True. Can't imagine many people hesitating when they saw it though
I probably would have; but am an inveterate pessimist -- "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is".True. Can't imagine many people hesitating when they saw it though
Steve Jollands, who worked on the former RAF site from 1994 to 1995, initially thought he had bagged a "little memento" when he found the sign on Facebook Marketplace.
However, when he went to collect it, Mr Jollands, who lives in a bungalow, was shocked to discover it was 9ft (2.7m) long.
"Stupidly, I didn't ask for the dimensions and I have bought a sign that is far too large for my house," he said.
An incident which saw two women lock a crying toddler in an aeroplane toilet has sparked an online debate in China on how to manage children in public spaces.
The incident went viral on the Chinese internet after one of the two women, Gou Tingting, posted a video of herself carrying the girl inside the cubicle.
In her post, she presented herself as trying to help others on board, but was swiftly met with backlash.
The airline later said that the girl's grandmother had given the two women permission to "educate her".
The incident took place on 24 August onboard a Juneyao Airlines flight from the southwestern city of Guiyang to Shanghai.
The toddler, who was travelling with her grandmother, had started crying during the flight.
The airline said in a statement two days after the incident that the girl's grandmother had agreed to let two women take the girl to the toilet. A video posted by Ms Gou on Chinese social media reportedly showed the other woman telling the girl she could leave the cubicle only if she stopped crying.
Local media reports say she was a one-year-old, though the airline has not given that detail.
Shortly after she posted the video, backlash was swift, with many criticising Ms Gou for lacking empathy and "bullying" the child.
Responding to the criticism, Ms Gou said she "prefers to take action rather than be a bystander".
"I just wanted to calm the child down and let everyone rest," she wrote on Douyin, China's equivalent of TikTok.
She also explained that some passengers had "moved to the back of the plane to escape the noise" while others stuffed tissue papers into their ears.
Ms Gou's account has since been set to private.
"Children cannot control their emotions when they are one or two years old. What's wrong with crying? Didn't you cry when you were young too?" one user wrote on Weibo.Another was concerned about the psychological impact on the girl, saying: "We should be thinking about how public spaces can better accept and accommodate young children."
But there were some who defended the women, saying their actions were justified as the girl's grandmother had given her consent.
"To be honest, some children cannot do without some education," a Weibo user wrote.
Anti-immigration priest Calvin Robinson has announced he’s emigrating from Britain in protest over the new Labour administration.
www.fromthemurkydepths.co.uk
Anti-immigrant preacher and UKIP spokesperson decides to become a migrant. Oh the irony.
![]()
Calvin Robinson announces he's emigrating
"Anti-immigration far-right grifter announces intention to flee his country and become a fighting age immigrant."www.thelondoneconomic.com
Warner Bros Discovery, which owns the Harry Potter franchise, issued a statement in July urging fans to avoid travelling to King’s Cross on Sunday and instead watch a programme on YouTube hosted by the I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! winner Sam Thompson.
It said: “Come 1st September, fans are strongly discouraged from travelling to King’s Cross as there will be no event, departure board or countdown at the station.
“Instead, everyone is invited to tune in and join proud Hufflepuff and king of the jungle, Sam Thompson, in a specially recorded online programme made in celebration of back to Hogwarts.”
Maybe Anne should record oneAgain on a slight railway theme, thousands of potty Hogwarts fans were left disappointed by a lack of announcements for the fictional terminus.
![]()
Harry Potter fans boo as King’s Cross ends ‘back to Hogwarts’ tradition
Fans at London station left disappointed after fictional train’s departure not announced on public address systemwww.theguardian.com
What I love was Warner Bro's statement within the article... perhaps a slap of reality?
They tell you if there is bog onboard too.Southeastern now showing train type on departure boards
I give this full enthusiast approval. If only they gave the unit number(s) too!
To do it well, you have to be seriously good. Contract negotiation for high value agreements is a very skilled role - I’ve only met a small handful of people are exceptionally good at it. And I have worked with plenty of commercial people.This contract role appeared on my LinkedIn jobs feed. In light of comments within many threads on this forum, I wondered: how hard can it be?
11,000+ Business In The Community jobs in United States
Today's top 11,000+ Business In The Community jobs in United States. Leverage your professional network, and get hired. New Business In The Community jobs added daily.www.linkedin.com
Supplier Relationship Manager, Rolling Stock.
Skills required:
- Experience of managing and negotiating high value commercial agreements
- Strong understanding of the rolling stock area
- Rail industry background.
I dont understand, is this been posted in the right thread?This contract role appeared on my LinkedIn jobs feed. In light of comments within many threads on this forum, I wondered: how hard can it be?
11,000+ Business In The Community jobs in United States
Today's top 11,000+ Business In The Community jobs in United States. Leverage your professional network, and get hired. New Business In The Community jobs added daily.www.linkedin.com
Supplier Relationship Manager, Rolling Stock.
Skills required:
- Experience of managing and negotiating high value commercial agreements
- Strong understanding of the rolling stock area
- Rail industry background.
I didn’t post into Jobs & Careers site, as it's from a third party procurement consultancy's ad, featired via LinkedIn. Primarily I've put it in this thread, as a "dig" at the job criteria.I dont understand, is this been posted in the right thread?
This is the "And in other news" thread under General Discussion. Are you looking to put it somewhere in the rolling stock forum?I didn’t post into Jobs & Careers site, as it's from a third party procurement consultancy's ad, featired via LinkedIn. Primarily I've put it in this thread, as a "dig" at the job criteria.
This forum has threads which highlight the shortcomings of rolling-stock introduced in recent years.
The advertised role requires (I quote) "Strong understanding of the rolling stock area"; so it's ironic that many other trains in use now, have fallen short in one way or another
So - Rolling Stock Procurement. how hard can it be?![]()
Thanks @edwin_m I wrote post #1631 as a tongue in cheek dig at the ad, which I saw in my LinkedIn news feed. I wasn't seeking to raise awareness of the consulting job per seThis is the "And in other news" thread under General Discussion. Are you looking to put it somewhere in the rolling stock forum?
In all sincerity, I absolutely agree. I've seen that pedigree of skill, in the commercial aviation sector.To do it well, you have to be seriously good. Contract negotiation for high value agreements is a very skilled role - I’ve only met a small handful of people are exceptionally good at it.
The 26-year-old suffered a back injury on Monday which was set off by the sneeze, manager Ian Evatt said.
Bolton won the fixture 3-2 to get their EFL Trophy campaign off to the perfect start despite Adeboyejo's absence.
"He had a pretty hefty sneeze – now Victor is a powerful boy and even his sneezes are powerful," Evatt told the Bolton News., external
“He felt a bit of a crack in between his ribs and we are hopeful it is just a cartilage or muscular issue, but until we had a good look at the scan we won’t know.”
Bolton, who have won once in League One this season, have a number of absences due to injury and the international break.
“I have to start having a long look at myself when players start getting injured sneezing,” Evatt added.
“That is just the way things seem to be going at the moment, but we have to deal with it.”
I guess whatever he was looking at was definitely not to be sneezed atBe careful if you sneeze...
Bolton Wanderers striker Victor Adeboyejo missed their EFL Trophy victory at Barrow on Tuesday having injured himself after a "hefty sneeze".
From https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cwywj70wjq2o
It can happen. I once pulled a muscle sneezing.Be careful if you sneeze...
Bolton Wanderers striker Victor Adeboyejo missed their EFL Trophy victory at Barrow on Tuesday having injured himself after a "hefty sneeze".
Hundreds of people are expected to turn out watch the 53rd annual World Tin Bath Championships in the south the Isle of Man.
More than 120 competitors from the island and the UK have signed up for the solo classes and snake races on Saturday in Castletown Harbour.
Organised by the Castletown Ale Drinkers Society (Cads), the event has raised more than £200,000 for local charities and individuals since first being held in 1971.
The event sees competitors take to the water in decorated tin baths, with the first to cross the finish line - or to have covered the furthest distance before the final vessel sinks - crowned the winner.
Usually held in May, the races are being hosted later this year due to a clash with a car rally and the need for the correct tidal conditions.
Entrants in the male, female and veteran solo competitions will paddle the 350-yard (400m) course in a wide variety of homemade crafts.
....
Think of it as "Oxford vs Cambridge boat race but using a line of tin baths".I'm intrigued by the snake races -- is this "verbal shorthand" for a particular thing in the tin-bath-sailing doings.
So, no actual ophidians vying with each other? I'm disappointed....Think of it as "Oxford vs Cambridge boat race but using a line of tin baths".
A quick Internet image-search produced a barrage of photos, of hapless chaps sinking...![]()
How's thisSo, no actual ophidians vying with each other? I'm disappointed....
Just don't be going off in a hiss-y fit now...So, no actual ophidians vying with each other? I'm disappointed....
Ssssssssssimply exccccccccccccellent, to shamelessly misquote the snake from the Robin Hood film!How's this![]()