You're missing the fact that many non-voters or occasional voters will be galvanised by Trump's show of strength and will perceive him differently now he has been the subject of an attempted murder.
Trump may also strike a slightly less combative tone now which may increase his appeal among softer, undecided voters.
It's not just "MAGA v sensibles". This is an immature way of looking at US politics; there are many undecided voters in the swing states and the assassination attempt shows Trump as courageous and strong, which is in stark contrast to Biden's complete ineptitude and failing health and mental capacity.
Trump was already running a cleaner, more polished, and more mature campaign than 2016 and 2020, which did not even try to focus on his apparent strength or virility; they've been letting Biden simply embarrass himself.
This is very bad news for the Dems, as now Trump has received one of the strongest unsolicited boosts to a campaign you can have.
Sorry but this will age like a pint of milk and I will revisit it in November when it'll be blue cheese!
Still very hard for me to understand but as I said in another post, I guess I'll just have to accept that the US is not at all like the UK. I guess many of us make the mistake that because there are some cultural similarities, people will think similarly and that events such as January 2021 or his status as a convicted felon would put people off for life.
In my head he's rather like a more extreme version of Farage, and thus by rights ought to do as well as Reform. But again I am being a little too UK-centric, I guess.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
The world dosn't work that way anymore. It seems to be "If you agree with me on issue x, you must agree with me on every other single issue. Otherwise we are enemies."
As I said though, Scalia seemed to be just what I'd call an old-fashioned conservative. Taylor Greene is, IMO, an unhinged far-right conspiracy theorist, who, from my perspective, you'd have to be insane to vote for.
Last edited: