So it looks like this will be me. Just passed medical and now waiting for that confirmation and start date. I'm elated. It's been a long long long road to this point, with a number of stops, starts and close calls, but I'm finally there (hopefully.)
I have a couple of quick questions, if anyone knows the answer to these.
What is the first month pay schedule like? Is it a position where I will wait 8 weeks for pay, but get double, or would my pay get slotted in with everyone else's schedule? Also, what is the pay schedule for GTR/Thameslink?
Additionally, I cannot find the scale for shunter driver salary through training. Does anyone know the initial salary and the schedule for when that increases? Just trying to do some budgeting in the interim.
Thank you forum for all your help, I doubt I'd be here without you all. And for everyone still trying, keep at it. It's a long process, but doable. Just get the experiences that you feel can overlap the requirements. Work with people, get into safety critical positions wherever you can and you'll have everything they want from you.