Hey everyone, so a revenue inspector officer took my details down for short faring to St Pancras International. I got the letter today from GTR Thameslink for their intention to prosecute. I have written the response, and was hoping if this is good to send off, hoping for an out of court settlement. This was my first time this has ever happened to me. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
I have been looking a few similar cases, and was hoping if @Hadders could aid with this.
Dear Govia Thameslink Railway,
I am writing in regard to the case xxx
I travelled on a short ticket from xxx to London St Pancras on xxx date. There is no excuse for this, and I am deeply remorseful for my action, and I am truly sorry. I now realize and understand the impact of my actions and the effect this has on the railway industry. I now also realise how wrong and foolish I was, and I can only profusely apologize. I take full responsibility for my error of judgment. Going forwards from that day, I ensure every ticket I purchase is valid for the entirety of my journey, with Thameslink or any other train company. I cannot stress enough how remorseful I am for my behavior, and I have been reflecting on myself as this is not the kind of person I am.
I am willing, given the opportunity, to pay the outstanding fare and the train company’s administrative costs in dealing with this matter and resolve this without court action. I hope my desire to settle will be sincerely considered
Yours sincerely,
I have been looking a few similar cases, and was hoping if @Hadders could aid with this.

Dear Govia Thameslink Railway,
I am writing in regard to the case xxx
I travelled on a short ticket from xxx to London St Pancras on xxx date. There is no excuse for this, and I am deeply remorseful for my action, and I am truly sorry. I now realize and understand the impact of my actions and the effect this has on the railway industry. I now also realise how wrong and foolish I was, and I can only profusely apologize. I take full responsibility for my error of judgment. Going forwards from that day, I ensure every ticket I purchase is valid for the entirety of my journey, with Thameslink or any other train company. I cannot stress enough how remorseful I am for my behavior, and I have been reflecting on myself as this is not the kind of person I am.
I am willing, given the opportunity, to pay the outstanding fare and the train company’s administrative costs in dealing with this matter and resolve this without court action. I hope my desire to settle will be sincerely considered
Yours sincerely,
Last edited: