• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink Govia Intent to Prosecute Letter - Railcard Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

td1996

New Member
Joined
12 Mar 2025
Messages
2
Location
london
Hi all, a few months back I was stopped on a Thameslink train and recently received the standard letter from Thameslink asking for a written statement. This is my first offence, and I'm hoping for an out of court settlement. Would really appreciate a bit of guidance on the letter, first draft below.
Many thanks for any help in advance.

.....................................................................................

Dear Prosecution Manager,

On the morning of the 13th of December, I was taking a train from London St Pancras to Gatwick Airport. When purchasing the ticket I was in a rush to get to the airport and neglected to notice that my railcard had recently expired (expiry date of the 2nd of December 2024). It was only when I was on the train that I realised my mistake and attempted to renew my railcard. During this time I was approached by a revenue protection officer, who explained that this was not allowed.

I accept full responsibility for these actions, and deeply regret the event – it was an honest mistake rather than an attempt to defraud Govia Thameslink.

I hope that this can be resolved between us without any court action and I therefore ask that you consider an out of court settlement for this matter.

I apologise again for my mistake, and for any inconveniences caused to Govia Thameslink.

Best,
xxx
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

notmyrealname

Member
Joined
26 Oct 2023
Messages
502
Location
London
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Thank you for the draft letter, could you also show us the letter and any other paperwork you've had about this please? Cover up your name and address and their reference number, to keep this anonymous.
 

td1996

New Member
Joined
12 Mar 2025
Messages
2
Location
london
Thank you. Please see the two attached


481674735_665594979258839_321487494159149388_n.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 483541642_672482041903896_3868028699403622739_n(1).jpg
    483541642_672482041903896_3868028699403622739_n(1).jpg
    9 KB · Views: 42

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,972
Location
Airedale
It's a standard letter and your reply covers the basics.

GTR will no doubt have researched your travel history, and I trust they will have found nothing amiss :)

They normally offer a settlement to cover the full fare and about £60 admin costs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top