• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFW (Trainee Train Driver Cardiff and Chester_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taff01

Member
Joined
5 Oct 2020
Messages
16
Location
Swansea
Hi, I’m new to this forum. I’m at the stage of having received an e-mail asking for my NI no. & confirming they will be in touch to book me in for an assessment over the next 6 months. Is this timescale normal?? & where can I get access to the tests to practice before the assessment. Thanks for your help!!
Hi, I had the same email as you 2 weeks ago stating you will be invited to attend the assessment day within the next six months From reading through many messages on this forum it's likely to be up to six months but with COVID I think further delays are possible - I also applied for Carmarthen.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Reets

Member
Joined
23 Aug 2020
Messages
16
Location
Swansea
Morning all, this might sound a bit strange but does anyone recall what the mobile number was, they were called on?? Does it end with 5479?
 

Carli

Member
Joined
20 Aug 2020
Messages
18
Location
Wales
Morning everyone! Is anyone still waiting for their DMI? I’ve been waiting a month :(
 

LeonO

Member
Joined
2 Feb 2018
Messages
34
Same here, just waiting over a month now but I'm sure COVID has knocked everything back.
Yep I’ve been waiting for a good month now too. I was told last week that they’re planning on DMIs W/C 2nd November, but I’m sure that can change with Covid and lockdown restrictions.
 

Carli

Member
Joined
20 Aug 2020
Messages
18
Location
Wales
I’ve just had an email saying the DMI will be done online, W/C 2nd November, yay! :)
 

Jessie_Bridie

New Member
Joined
12 Oct 2020
Messages
3
Location
Abergavenny
I still haven't heard anything. Sent off application form in August. Last update i had was Sept 25th. Anyone else still waiting? Or is it just me..........
 

Here's Hoping

Member
Joined
26 Oct 2020
Messages
9
Location
Shrewsbury
I still haven't heard anything. Sent off application form in August. Last update i had was Sept 25th. Anyone else still waiting? Or is it just me..........
I applied towards the end of July. And started getting automatic emails every couple of weeks saying my application was still under review. Haven't heard anything now since September 25th as well. Hopefully will hear something soon.
 

Jonno271

Member
Joined
26 Oct 2020
Messages
30
Location
South Wales
I still haven't heard anything. Sent off application form in August. Last update i had was Sept 25th. Anyone else still waiting? Or is it just me..........
I applied towards the end of July. And started getting automatic emails every couple of weeks saying my application was still under review. Haven't heard anything now since September 25th as well. Hopefully will hear something soon.
Same here, a few automatic updates then gone quiet since 25th Sept.
 

Plodster

Member
Joined
21 Feb 2019
Messages
370
Location
North
Same here folks
Applied early on for the North West depots. There doesn’t appear to have been much movement on Holyhead Pwllheli or Junction
 

Taff01

Member
Joined
5 Oct 2020
Messages
16
Location
Swansea
I still haven't heard anything. Sent off application form in August. Last update i had was Sept 25th. Anyone else still waiting? Or is it just me..........
I applied on the 20th July and submitted on the same day, like you I was receiving weekly updates from Acorn and then on 29th September TFW asked for my NI number and said I would be booked onto an assessment within the next 6 months - I was talking to someone last week who applied in August and they haven't heard anything either. I'm now waiting for the assessment date and the 6 months could be up to the 29th March 2021.
 

JustJim93

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2020
Messages
39
Location
Carmarthen
Hi all! First time posting, congrats to everyone who have had there assessment days and passed! I'm just wondering if anybody who has applied for the Carmarthen depo has heard anything after the NI email? Thanks
 

Taff01

Member
Joined
5 Oct 2020
Messages
16
Location
Swansea
Hi all! First time posting, congrats to everyone who have had there assessment days and passed! I'm just wondering if anybody who has applied for the Carmarthen depo has heard anything after the NI email? Thanks
Yes 20th Sept asking for my NI - Carmarthen station I applied for.
 

JustJim93

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2020
Messages
39
Location
Carmarthen
Yes 20th Sept asking for my NI - Carmarthen station I applied for.
We are both on the same stage then. I have heard that things have slowed down because of recent news regarding the nationalisation of TFW. Hopefully things will pick up again
 

Leemini

Member
Joined
23 Sep 2020
Messages
58
Location
Cardiff
Does anyone have any information on the questions asked for the DMI? Also what then ask what u know about the company how in-depth are they looking for u to go?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Anyone know what type of questions are asked on the dmi? Also Whalen they ask 'what do u know about the company' how in-depth are u hey looking for u to be?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top