walk in straight line, touch your toes, stand on tiptoes, any of these?Standard railway medical I'd say.
Height & weight for BMI, blood pressure, drugs and alcohol screening, sight test, hearing test etc etc
Congratulations to the people that have passed! Great achievement.
I have to book in for my MMI next after passing the paper tests. Would anyone be able to advise whether the MMI was just situation based?
Or did it include questions about your knowledge of the company etc which in my head presumably will be for the DMI?
Thanks guys
No mate, a lot easier, you have the time between your paper assessment and MMI to prepare your answersThanks for that slipper.
Did you find this batch harder than the first?
any touch your toes, flexibility etc?Just beware....if you've got a bit of a hairy chest they dry shave you for the ECG!
Heed my warning and do it yourself to avoid a nasty scrape...literally![]()
any touch your toes, flexibility etc?
any touch your toes, flexibility etc?
I’m sure it’s the same as the d4 medicals I have for my PSV license but with a ecg chucked in, a few questions on your medical history then eye and hearing test urine test for drugs and diabetes blood pressure weight for bmi and that’s about itNo mate, didn't get asked to do anything like that.
Fill out a form or two of your medical history, do a basic eye test, colour blind test. Height and weight along with a hearing test and ECG and that's pretty much it.
Hi, I was asked to provide my NI last week, and the recruitment officer in the email said they would be looking to book me onto an assessment within the next 6 months - frustrating the time frame is so long.Thank you. I got asked for my NI number last Wednesday and nothing since. Good luck with your assessment
No mate, a lot easier, you have the time between your paper assessment and MMI to prepare your answers
hopefully won’t be that long. I’ve done my 1st assessment now and passed, booked in next week for computer tests. Try an keep positive it will come. I drove myself mad checking emails all the time. Good luckHi, I was asked to provide my NI last week, and the recruitment officer in the email said they would be looking to book me onto an assessment within the next 6 months - frustrating the time frame is so long.
Great news...how long before asking for NI did you get your Assessment date? Also, what happened on the day?hopefully won’t be that long. I’ve done my 1st assessment now and passed, booked in next week for computer tests. Try an keep positive it will come. I drove myself mad checking emails all the time. Good luck
Couple of weeks before I got the assessment date. Stood outside waiting to be taken into the building. Run through all the rules due to COVID. Done the phone book an beep test first, then group bourdon followed by written scenario an the final one was the dials and cables. They allow you breaks if needed, the lady we had was very nice made you feel welcome and relaxedGreat news...how long before asking for NI did you get your Assessment date? Also, what happened on the day?
Cheers and good luck!Couple of weeks before I got the assessment date. Stood outside waiting to be taken into the building. Run through all the rules due to COVID. Done the phone book an beep test first, then group bourdon followed by written scenario an the final one was the dials and cables. They allow you breaks if needed, the lady we had was very nice made you feel welcome and relaxed
Is it the OPC?Sorry...OPC?Sounds great to be honest and really relaxedIs it the OPC?
Hi Everyone
I have recently been looking through this TFW thread and also the other similar thread and thought I should join the forums as I am also currently in the process of applying for the Trainee train driver role for TFW.
I applied mid August and up to now I just receive emails every now and again just confirming that my application is still under review, However what throws me is that I know someone who applied and was rejected within just a few days, Am I right in saying that the application is scanned by computer software as the first stage? And then the ones that pass this stage are then looked at by an actual person? Is it a case of no news is good news?
Thanks.
Yup. Think everyone has. Mine appeared in the junk folder mind so be warned.Im in for Chester & Crewe, applied mid August and haven’t heard.
Did anyone else get ‘do you want to apply to be a conductor’ email a few weeks back? I assumed that was a blanket email sent out to all Train driver applicants?