DVT leading HD02 67017@sd0733
@37052 xb mr
@MP393
@BillStampy
@FrodshamJnct
@ojb_455850
Afternoon
Will 1W97 tonight be loco or DVT leading from Chester please ?
Thank you
Dave
Taken out of service at Crewe last night on 1W63 with a fault.197048 allocated 1V37/1W59/1V50 vice 67015+HD05...
I think it is well known that half of TfW control live in Wildmill.The second Saturday running that the evening Swansea service (which still does not even run on a weekday) has been a 197 vice a 67/MK4.
I am travelling to Ledbury today to meet my friend's (change at Hereford) and fortunately I'm currently on a 5 car (0906 from Neath).. although unfortunately not a pair of 197s that I haven't already got.I think it is well known that half of TfW control live in Wildmill.
3-car 197s with "Standard Premium" on Maesteg trains
No 67s between Cardiff and Swansea to disturb their evening hot tub parties.
I am of course joking about TfW control, before anyone dives in to defend. However, the way in which Swansea gets further cut off at the moment is not acceptable. I note there are a couple of 2-car 197s in the middle of the day on Manchester trains today.
I am having another week of driving to Manchester, but will go back to 1W11 on the 15th.
Glad you got a 5-car. There do seem to be a few about today. Although the 1306 was showing as a 2-car all the way to Manchester when I looked earlier to allow the other half to be a Mk4 cover.I'm trag
I am travelling to Ledbury today to meet my friend's (change at Hereford) and fortunately I'm currently on a 5 car (0906 from Neath).. although unfortunately not a pair of 197s that I haven't already got.
I'm still baffled how on weekdays the Swansea service cannot run but it's fine on Saturday. Still two MK4 at Canton overnight. And whoever planned the timetable would surely have known this in the first place if it isn't possible to have the two terminating there.
Perhaps a better idea would be to do similar to what's done on a Sunday with select MK4 going to Swansea but at the expense of a two hourly service between Cardiff and Manchester
Thank you. Not sure what I'm getting back but likely won't be a MK4 now with a long gap this evening due to that one being subbed a 197!Glad you got a 5-car. There do seem to be a few about today. Although the 1306 was showing as a 2-car all the way to Manchester when I looked earlier to allow the other half to be a Mk4 cover.
Hope you get an equally pleasant journey back.
Main reason is they came in at two different times; HD01-03 when they originally planned to just do Cardiff to Holyhead and came directly from LNER, HD04-07 after Grand Central withdrew their London to Blackpool service plans as a result of COVID. The fleet should become standardised with the upcoming overhauls, making them all similar. As for interiors, I don't know whether they'll all be standardised or kept the same, time will tell.I've just seen a MK4 come in the opposite platform at Cardiff so good to know at least one is out lol . I can't help but notice the red and white MK4 are looking very scruffy on the outside. The black ones are much nicer. Another thing I don't get is why they don't do them all the same.
As in turned into the same baked bean cans?Thank you. Not sure what I'm getting back but likely won't be a MK4 now with a long gap this evening due to that one being subbed a 197!
I've just seen a MK4 come in the opposite platform at Cardiff so good to know at least one is out lol . I can't help but notice the red and white MK4 are looking very scruffy on the outside. The black ones are much nicer. Another thing I don't get is why they don't do them all the same.
Do you know what livery they'll all get? I quite like the black on HD04-07.Main reason is they came in at two different times; HD01-03 when they originally planned to just do Cardiff to Holyhead and came directly from LNER, HD04-07 after Grand Central withdrew their London to Blackpool service plans as a result of COVID. The fleet should become standardised with the upcoming overhauls, making them all similar. As for interiors, I don't know whether they'll all be standardised or kept the same, time will tell.
I do admit, the LNER white and red looks very scruffy now and those sets desperately need their major overhauls and a good repaint, which'll all come about next year if things stay on track.
Nice as first class is id happily sacrifice that for more 197s lolAs in turned into the same baked bean cans?
Sadly the Mk4s have seen better days. It feels a bit of a waste of time refurbing, but if no one is going to get more 197s then the Mk4s need to soldier on.
I agree and on the rare occasions I've travelled on a MK4 it's always been one of the red and white ones !Main reason is they came in at two different times; HD01-03 when they originally planned to just do Cardiff to Holyhead and came directly from LNER, HD04-07 after Grand Central withdrew their London to Blackpool service plans as a result of COVID. The fleet should become standardised with the upcoming overhauls, making them all similar. As for interiors, I don't know whether they'll all be standardised or kept the same, time will tell.
I do admit, the LNER white and red looks very scruffy now and those sets desperately need their major overhauls and a good repaint, which'll all come about next year if things stay on track.
I think they're going black, might be some red on there too but we'll have to wait for HD08 to be fully revealed later this year to know the final form. All I know is 82204 is practically fully black from the last photo I saw of it.Do you know what livery they'll all get? I quite like the black on HD04-07.
SameNice as first class is id happily sacrifice that for more 197s lol
Yes it's a bargain to get them that cheap . I paid £21 for my last upgrade when I went to Manchester but it was very much a treat id never pay that regularly.Same
Though if they do ever get rid of the first, I will have to sacrifice my option to pay £2 more for my advance and instead of having 4 seats to myself, I will have to sit with all the normal people that are crammed into the rest of the train.
HD06 should be 67008Any idea what is on HD06 & HD07?
Yes HD01 is due examEvening all, does anyone have a list of which loco is on which set?
I currently have the following:
67025+HD01
67017+HD02
67012+HD03
67022+HD04
67015+HD05
Any idea what is on HD06 & HD07?
Also, does 67025+HD01 stop for an exam after working tomorrow's Crewe diagram?
Thank you.
5 Sets plannedAre there any pre planned unit substitutions with the loco hauled services from Manchester to Cardiff tomorrow?
Thank you.5 Sets planned
But before morning prep, anything can happen,
Should be HD02 to HD06
On weekdays 1V50 is diagrammed to run to Swansea (arr. 2044) and ECS back to Canton (arr. 2231).I'm still baffled how on weekdays the Swansea service cannot run but it's fine on Saturday.
Please no I don't want to have to go back to GWR&XC for First!if they do ever get rid of the first