• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW Class 67+Mk4 sets: trip planning/experiences, diagram updates etc

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

37052 xb mr

Established Member
Joined
6 Dec 2023
Messages
1,232
Location
Stockport
67025 on 0Z67 today
13.45 Crewe TMD E & back
Via Stafford,

Royal pair 67005 + 006
Gone to Wembley behind
A 66 on 0A06
 
Last edited:

sd0733

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2012
Messages
5,198
Just watched it depart Newport, 67010 is on it
It seems to have been a change of plan and it fixed in the end rather than swapped. Must have been a last minute decision as only updated on the system back to 67010 once it was well on its way.
Hopefully it lasts as it's not been the best performer I recent months.
 

BillStampy

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2024
Messages
1,616
Location
Llanharan
It seems to have been a change of plan and it fixed in the end rather than swapped. Must have been a last minute decision as only updated on the system back to 67010 once it was well on its way.
Hopefully it lasts as it's not been the best performer I recent months.
Hopefully! On it tomorrow 1V46!! Hopefully makes it alright, since it obviously hasn't done well at all...
 

sd0733

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2012
Messages
5,198
Tomorrow should see the return of HD04 however it is planned to be with 67025 rather than 020 which will return to DB for an exam.

HD06 is now stopped for exam, it never got out on its shakedown si will likely be done after its exam. It's having a combined light and heavy exam so it will be out for a couple of weeks.
 

BillStampy

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2024
Messages
1,616
Location
Llanharan
Looks like everything ran so hopefully was a good trip!
67010 didn't fail on me! :lol:

The trip was brilliant, had an excellent breakfast aboard HD03 and the staff were excellent. Was almost afraid I wouldn't be able to get up from the seats!

Trip back I opted out of the full dinner since I wasn't entirely fussed but still grabbed a nice snack in the form of a sausage bap, didn't get a picture of this one but it was excellent, still just imagine a normal sausage bap and go from there!

Thanks for letting me know what sets I'd be taking, reassured my confidence in it not going wrong and I'm happy it went well
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20241029-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20241029-WA0006.jpeg
    987 KB · Views: 36

BillStampy

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2024
Messages
1,616
Location
Llanharan
Unironically I look now and 67010 has failed to return from Canton, I think I've dodged a bullet with that one!
 

37052 xb mr

Established Member
Joined
6 Dec 2023
Messages
1,232
Location
Stockport
Unironically I look now and 67010 has failed to return from Canton, I think I've dodged a bullet with that one!
Possible a space issue at Crewe
Set 3, 4, 6, there tonight
Set 2 waiting at TMD E,

The reports I’ve had on 010 today
Is that it’s ran very well.
 

sd0733

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2012
Messages
5,198
Possible a space issue at Crewe
Set 3, 4, 6, there tonight
Set 2 waiting at TMD E,

The reports I’ve had on 010 today
Is that it’s ran very well
AFAIK it was used as a way of getting one of many faulty 197s back to Chester, 197114 which formed it is swapping out on the empties to get it to Chester for repairs.
 

sd0733

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2012
Messages
5,198
67010 didn't fail on me! :lol:

The trip was brilliant, had an excellent breakfast aboard HD03 and the staff were excellent. Was almost afraid I wouldn't be able to get up from the seats!

Trip back I opted out of the full dinner since I wasn't entirely fussed but still grabbed a nice snack in the form of a sausage bap, didn't get a picture of this one but it was excellent, still just imagine a normal sausage bap and go from there!

Thanks for letting me know what sets I'd be taking, reassured my confidence in it not going wrong and I'm happy it went well
Glad it all went well. Food certainly is very good, even the snack and light bites menus.
 

BillStampy

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2024
Messages
1,616
Location
Llanharan
AFAIK it was used as a way of getting one of many faulty 197s back to Chester, 197114 which formed it is swapping out on the empties to get it to Chester for repairs.
Oh okay, i'd gotten quite sick of 114, saw it at 3 different locations across Wales in one day..

Good that 010 hasn't failed, I'm assuming it may swap in for 1W19 tomorrow as 67025 + HD04 isn't showing as allocated tomorrow
 

sd0733

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2012
Messages
5,198
5V33 is currently allocated
197117 so looks like no 67025 set 4
04 was planned to be the spare with 01/03/05/07 in service. Not too sure if 04s not ready in time or if it's planned to swap 01 back in for the 12:49 from Cardiff.
 

BillStampy

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2024
Messages
1,616
Location
Llanharan
Glad it all went well. Food certainly is very good, even the snack and light bites menus.
Oh of course, it was all brilliant, especially the friendly catering staff! Very attentive. Definitely something on my bucket list to do again in the future!
 

sd0733

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2012
Messages
5,198
Today at Crewe depot (30/10/24):

67029 connected to HD06

67025 connected to HD04
HD04 should be out on the empty stock to Manchester tomorrow.

HD06 now stopped for exam but potentially plans may be resurrected for it to go out on a test run tomorrow but that's changed several times over the course of the week! Looks as if the latest plan is just to send 67029 on test without the set.
 
Last edited:

37052 xb mr

Established Member
Joined
6 Dec 2023
Messages
1,232
Location
Stockport
1V33 started at Crewe
5V33 ECS not run

67029 confirmed on 0Z29
Crewe - Shrewsbury & Rtn
 
Last edited:

Top