My journey from Euston to Ealing Broadway in June was delayed by Elizabeth Line. TfL rejected my delay refund and closed my complaint case. The agent only said it is ineligible for refund.
The journey was on 25th June 2024 using contactless card:
22:31 Euston tapped in
23:07 Paddington (Elizabeth line) tapped out
23:09 Paddington (London Underground) tapped in
23:50 Ealing Broadway tapped out
I traveled from Euston to Tottenham Court Road first and was on 2241 to Reading (https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:C84964/2024-06-25). The driver announced the train was delayed due to a power supply issue outside Paddington. Upon arrived Paddington, it was announced the train was cancelled.
TfL Go app at 23:09 showed "Part Suspended" "No service between Paddington, Reading and Heathrow Airport this is while we fix a faulty train at West Ealing". The station staff announced no service recovery timeline and advised to take alternative routes. I took the District line via Earl's Court and arrived Ealing Broadway at 23:50. Compared to the original schedule, I think my delay was 52 minutes.
I also checked the train run history on Realtime Trains. The two later westbound services scheduled to call at Ealing Broadway are as follows:
2248 to Heathrow T4 - Not stopping at Ealing Broadway.
www.realtimetrains.co.uk
2303 to Heathrow T5 - Arrived at Ealing Broadway at 23:45.
www.realtimetrains.co.uk
If I wasn't tapped out and waited at Paddington, I can only arrive Ealing Broadway at 23:45, still 46 minutes delayed.
I am wondering if I missed any reason that TfL can refuse to give me a refund. Thanks all!
The journey was on 25th June 2024 using contactless card:
22:31 Euston tapped in
23:07 Paddington (Elizabeth line) tapped out
23:09 Paddington (London Underground) tapped in
23:50 Ealing Broadway tapped out
I traveled from Euston to Tottenham Court Road first and was on 2241 to Reading (https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:C84964/2024-06-25). The driver announced the train was delayed due to a power supply issue outside Paddington. Upon arrived Paddington, it was announced the train was cancelled.
TfL Go app at 23:09 showed "Part Suspended" "No service between Paddington, Reading and Heathrow Airport this is while we fix a faulty train at West Ealing". The station staff announced no service recovery timeline and advised to take alternative routes. I took the District line via Earl's Court and arrived Ealing Broadway at 23:50. Compared to the original schedule, I think my delay was 52 minutes.
I also checked the train run history on Realtime Trains. The two later westbound services scheduled to call at Ealing Broadway are as follows:
2248 to Heathrow T4 - Not stopping at Ealing Broadway.
Realtime Trains | 2224 Abbey Wood to Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 | 25/06/2024
Real-time train running information for 2224 departure from Abbey Wood to Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 on 25/06/2024. From Realtime Trains, an independent source of train running info for Great Britain.
2303 to Heathrow T5 - Arrived at Ealing Broadway at 23:45.
Realtime Trains | 2239 Abbey Wood to Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 | 25/06/2024
Real-time train running information for 2239 departure from Abbey Wood to Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 on 25/06/2024. From Realtime Trains, an independent source of train running info for Great Britain.
If I wasn't tapped out and waited at Paddington, I can only arrive Ealing Broadway at 23:45, still 46 minutes delayed.
I am wondering if I missed any reason that TfL can refuse to give me a refund. Thanks all!