• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfL Rail / Crossrail 345 Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

leomartin125

Member
Joined
15 Nov 2015
Messages
1,062
Location
North West
Apologies if this has already been discussed. I'm planning a trip into London on 1st December and wanted to know whether I could experience my first 345? What trains would be running, it's a Friday, and what the diagrams are?

Thanks,
Leo
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheEdge

Established Member
Joined
29 Nov 2012
Messages
4,498
Location
Norwich
They seem to be coming out en masse now, at least that is my impression when I commute down there at the the moment.

Maybe they've hit a critical mass of available units and trained drivers but they seem to be coming out fast with the 315s going just as quick. Honestly, it would just be a matter of waiting for a 345 to turn up rather than hunting out particular diagrams.
 

iphone76

Member
Joined
6 Nov 2010
Messages
988
Location
South Essex
If you can give me a bump around the end of November I should be able to give you an idea. Also there is a class 345 thread in the rolling stock section which has the current journeys listed. Although a couple more have been delivered I believe only 3 passenger trains are in service at the moment. The rest are driver training and train testing trips. This hasn't changed over the past few weeks.
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,855
Location
Oakham
From memory, 13.10 and 13.40 off Liverpool Street are 345s. In fact if you're at the back of the 3rd car from the back on the 13.10 ( i.e. at the set of doors immediately behind where the normal seating starts ) you'll be right next to the stairs down at Stratford and you can get to platform 5 with about 90 seconds to spare to catch the inbound that forms the 13.40...

The next one off Liverpool Street is the 15.00, which I think is the same unit as the 13.10 so I suspect the 3rd diagram is not out off peak.
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,858
Location
West of Andover
Unless it has changed this week:

5W03 04+43 Ilford E.M.U.D. to Shenfield
2W03 0512 Shenfield to London Liverpool Street
2W06 0610 London Liverpool Street to Shenfield
2W21 0704 Shenfield to London Liverpool Street
2W26 0750 London Liverpool Street to Shenfield
2W43 0842 Shenfield to London Liverpool Street
5C44 09+33 London Liverpool Street to Gidea Park C.H.S.
5W30 15+47 Gidea Park C.H.S. to London Liverpool Street
2W30 1636 London Liverpool Street to Shenfield
2W47 1724 Shenfield to London Liverpool Street
2C74 1810 London Liverpool Street to Gidea Park
5C74 18+40 Gidea Park to Gidea Park C.H.S.


3C19 07+00 Ilford E.M.U.D. to Gidea Park Middle Siding
5C19 07+26 Gidea Park Middle Siding to Gidea Park
2C19 0729 Gidea Park to London Liverpool Street
2C14 0807 London Liverpool Street to Gidea Park
5C14 08+37 Gidea Park to Gidea Park Middle Siding
5C37 08+46 Gidea Park Middle Siding to Gidea Park
2C37 0849 Gidea Park to London Liverpool Street
2W46 0930 London Liverpool Street to Shenfield
2W63 1024 Shenfield to London Liverpool Street
2W68 1120 London Liverpool Street to Shenfield
2W85 1214 Shenfield to London Liverpool Street
2W90 1310 London Liverpool Street to Shenfield
2W07 1404 Shenfield to London Liverpool Street
2W12 1500 London Liverpool Street to Shenfield
2W29 1554 Shenfield to London Liverpool Street
2C56 1650 London Liverpool Street to Gidea Park
5C56 17+20 Gidea Park to Gidea Park Middle Siding
5C57 1729 Gidea Park Middle Siding to Gidea Park
2C57 1732 Gidea Park to London Liverpool Street
2W52 1807 London Liverpool Street to Shenfield
2W65 1854 Shenfield to London Liverpool Street
2W78 1952 London Liverpool Street to Shenfield
2W87 2044 Shenfield to London Liverpool Street
2W00 2140 London Liverpool Street to Shenfield
5V81 2234 Shenfield to Ilford E.M.U.D.


5C25 0745 Gidea Park C.H.S. to Gidea Park
2C25 0758 Gidea Park to London Liverpool Street
2C20 0837 London Liverpool Street to Gidea Park
5C20 0905 Gidea Park to Gidea Park C.H.S.
5C43 0914 Gidea Park C.H.S. to Gidea Park
2C43 0917 Gidea Park to London Liverpool Street
2W52 1000 London Liverpool Street to Shenfield
2W69 1054 Shenfield to London Liverpool Street
2W74 1150 London Liverpool Street to Shenfield
2W91 1244 Shenfield to London Liverpool Street
2W96 1340 London Liverpool Street to Shenfield
2W13 1434 Shenfield to London Liverpool Street
2W18 1530 London Liverpool Street to Shenfield
2W35 1624 Shenfield to London Liverpool Street
2W38 1717 London Liverpool Street to Shenfield
2W55 1804 Shenfield to London Liverpool Street
2C80 1850 London Liverpool Street to Gidea Park
5C80 1920 Gidea Park to Gidea Park C.H.S.
5V61 19+31 Gidea Park C.H.S. to Ilford E.M.U.D.

(https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/class-345-progress.120221/page-49#post-3183736)
 

Alfie1014

Established Member
Joined
27 Jun 2012
Messages
1,205
Location
Essex
Looks like the 18:07 from Liv St sat down for over 90 minutes between Seven Kings and Goodmayes this evening, anyone know whether it was worked by a 345? Pretty much screwed up the end of the evening peak for TfL Rail and knocked on to GA, which after this morning’s problems at Liverpool St has meant a pretty rubbish day for GE commuters.
 

Alfie1014

Established Member
Joined
27 Jun 2012
Messages
1,205
Location
Essex
The 18:07 departure from Liverpool St (a class 345) apparently broke down between Seven Kings and Goodmayes today and had to shunted into the platform by a 315. They seem to be breaking down all too often.
Just noted this in the other 345 discussion so it was one then.
 

trek

Member
Joined
30 Mar 2013
Messages
199
Anybody know about diagram changes following Monday's timetable change?
 

iphone76

Member
Joined
6 Nov 2010
Messages
988
Location
South Essex
Since Monday there have been five 345s in passenger service during weekdays so you shouldn't have to wait too long to see one around. The main clue that a 345 is due is the PIS screens should say the service is formed of 7 carriages.

A lot of the diagrams are modified this week and next as the new timetable has been introduced this week with the Gidea Park sidings closure, but the official diagrams commence on Sunday 10th December. Thus I'm unable to highlight every 345 train until then.

If you can tell me roughly where and what time you'll be around I should be able to give you some times.
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,401
The main clue that a 345 is due is the PIS screens should say the service is formed of 7 carriages.

Interesting. Maybe I should monitor this for a while and see if a 7 coach train is highlighted then work back using RTT.

(PIS for Liverpool Street)
http://iris2.rail.co.uk/tiger/renderstaffsoad.asp?file=3011F2.xml

At 20.32 I haven't noted one yet.

Of course, the fact that the train is formed of 7 coaches isn't really relevant to passengers since the length of a 7-car 345 is about the same as an 8-car 315 but I guess it is good to denote the let people know what to expect somehow.
 

trek

Member
Joined
30 Mar 2013
Messages
199
Since Monday there have been five 345s in passenger service during weekdays so you shouldn't have to wait too long to see one around. The main clue that a 345 is due is the PIS screens should say the service is formed of 7 carriages.

A lot of the diagrams are modified this week and next as the new timetable has been introduced this week with the Gidea Park sidings closure, but the official diagrams commence on Sunday 10th December. Thus I'm unable to highlight every 345 train until then.

If you can tell me roughly where and what time you'll be around I should be able to give you some times.

As soon as possible after 6pm is when I'm thinking of going through. I don't mind waiting a bit but I'm not really one to wait over an hour, especially in this cold!
 

iphone76

Member
Joined
6 Nov 2010
Messages
988
Location
South Essex
As soon as possible after 6pm is when I'm thinking of going through. I don't mind waiting a bit but I'm not really one to wait over an hour, especially in this cold!

OK. so these trains leaving Liverpool Street around 6pm should be 345s.

18.04 to Shenfield
18.20 to Shenfield
18.28 to Shenfield
18.32 to Gidea Park

As mentioned, there will be others, but these ones should be leaving around 6pm. And if you go to Liverpool Street you shouldn't be too cold. Good luck.
 

iphone76

Member
Joined
6 Nov 2010
Messages
988
Location
South Essex
Interesting. Maybe I should monitor this for a while and see if a 7 coach train is highlighted then work back using RTT.

(PIS for Liverpool Street)
http://iris2.rail.co.uk/tiger/renderstaffsoad.asp?file=3011F2.xml

At 20.32 I haven't noted one yet.

Of course, the fact that the train is formed of 7 coaches isn't really relevant to passengers since the length of a 7-car 345 is about the same as an 8-car 315 but I guess it is good to denote the let people know what to expect somehow.

Perhaps that feed doesn't feature train lengths? Whilst standing on P10 at Stratford waiting for my train home today I saw the boards on P8 for the 18.35 to Shenfield and the 18.39 to Gidea Park and they both said 7 coaches. Even the announcements stated it. The 20.20 departure from Liverpool Street should be have a 345 as well.
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,401
Yes, maybe the train lengths don't feed to that. I've seen the displays at Stratford showing trains formed of 7 coaches so might check the services mentioned above online tomorrow.

This is the similar feed for Stratford
http://iris2.rail.co.uk/tiger/renderstaffsoad.asp?file=30764C.xml

I note that the entire TfL Rail service is down as Short Term Plan this week so the feed may depend on what has been loaded up.
 

iphone76

Member
Joined
6 Nov 2010
Messages
988
Location
South Essex
Perhaps that is it.

Yes. The service will be down as STP this week and next until the new diagrams kick in on the 10th December.
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,858
Location
West of Andover
How many units are used in the new timetable?

[I'm just thinking about heading over towards Liverpool Street next Friday to try and get some more 345s into my book]
 

iphone76

Member
Joined
6 Nov 2010
Messages
988
Location
South Essex
Currently 5 are used Monday to Fridays. If you let me know next weeks what sort of time you were thinking, I should be able to point you in the right direction.
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,858
Location
West of Andover
Currently 5 are used Monday to Fridays. If you let me know next weeks what sort of time you were thinking, I should be able to point you in the right direction.

Probably around 6pm, which judging by your earlier post should see a good few services departing :)
 

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
1 Sep 2014
Messages
12,022
Location
here to eternity
I passed through Stratford on Wednesday and in the 15 minutes spell that I was there I saw two in passenger service so there is a good chance the same will apply today.
 

EssexGonzo

Member
Joined
9 May 2012
Messages
637
Hi all,

Heading into London today, can anyone confirm if any 345s are out and about?

Thanks
I've seen loads this week commuting in from Shenfield, at various times of the day/evening. I can't give you any data but you might be in with a good shout! Unless they all broke down last night.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top