• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

tfl journey planner and specifying travelcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

tannedfrog

Member
Joined
26 Jun 2010
Messages
537
I'd like to be able to specify that the tfl journey planner doesn't offer me things which my travelcard doesn't cover, like heathrow express / HS from St Pancras, coaches, and changing trains outside the travelcard area

Is this possible?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

W-on-Sea

Established Member
Joined
18 Dec 2009
Messages
1,450
It's easy enough to remove coaches (and for that matter boats) if you select "advanced options" and untick the relevant boxes. Not sure about the other things though.
 

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
15 Jun 2010
Messages
8,583
Location
Crayford
I've just had a play with one example. I asked for Cockfosters to Heathrow 1,2,3 Underground. It gave me a convoluted route finishing with HEx. When I went to advanced options there is a set of radio buttons with "Fastest Route" selected. If you change that to "Fewest changes" then it routes you direct via the Picadilly line all the way. That won't always work, especially if you ask for Paddington to Heathrow! As HS1 is only between St Pancras and Stratford within London I would imagine that fewest changes would probably be quite effective at ruling that out as well. Can you give me an example of when it routes you outside the zones?

I have to agree though, it would seem to be a logical option that they should offer.
 

tannedfrog

Member
Joined
26 Jun 2010
Messages
537
it was from a station on the FCC St Pancras to St Albans line, going to a station further north.
It told me to change at St Albans, presumably because not all the north bound trains stopped at all stations

I forget which stations
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top