Hi,
I would be grateful if some one can help me with the bad situation I am in
Back in July i was caught on a bus using my sister's photo student 18+ oyster card. However, it was totally a genuine accident that I happen to have her oyster card on me. As we both share the same room, one morning I picked up her oyster card as we both have the same wallets as well. I always have my own monthly pass as well in my own oyster. Anyway I explained the situation to the inspector and told him that I can call my sister to come now as I live 10mins away from the bus stop. As per inspector he didn't give me penalty but confiscated my sister's oyster card and told me to TFL will write to me and if I explain them this situation everything should be fine. As told by him I received a letter and responded explaining the whole situation. after 3 months I recieved court hearing letter. My question is:
Can I avoid the criminal record as I have never been caught or involved in any criminal activities in my whole life !
Is there any way I still settle the matter out of court with TFL ? Bearing in mind I already have received a letter for court hearing or is it too late for settlement?
The alleged offence as written on the court letter is described as follows:
"Being a passenger on a Public Service Vehicle operated on behalf of London Bus Services Ltd being used for the carriage of passengers at separate fares, did use in relation to the journey you were taking a ticket which had been issued for use by another person on terms that it is not transferable. Contrary to Regulation 7(1)(b) of the Pubic Service Vehicles (conduct of Drivers, Inspectors, Conductors & Passengers) Regulations 1990 SI NO. 1020 and ocntrary to Section 25(3) of the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981."
I would be extremely grateful if anyone can help me out.
Thanks
I would be grateful if some one can help me with the bad situation I am in
Back in July i was caught on a bus using my sister's photo student 18+ oyster card. However, it was totally a genuine accident that I happen to have her oyster card on me. As we both share the same room, one morning I picked up her oyster card as we both have the same wallets as well. I always have my own monthly pass as well in my own oyster. Anyway I explained the situation to the inspector and told him that I can call my sister to come now as I live 10mins away from the bus stop. As per inspector he didn't give me penalty but confiscated my sister's oyster card and told me to TFL will write to me and if I explain them this situation everything should be fine. As told by him I received a letter and responded explaining the whole situation. after 3 months I recieved court hearing letter. My question is:
Can I avoid the criminal record as I have never been caught or involved in any criminal activities in my whole life !
Is there any way I still settle the matter out of court with TFL ? Bearing in mind I already have received a letter for court hearing or is it too late for settlement?
The alleged offence as written on the court letter is described as follows:
"Being a passenger on a Public Service Vehicle operated on behalf of London Bus Services Ltd being used for the carriage of passengers at separate fares, did use in relation to the journey you were taking a ticket which had been issued for use by another person on terms that it is not transferable. Contrary to Regulation 7(1)(b) of the Pubic Service Vehicles (conduct of Drivers, Inspectors, Conductors & Passengers) Regulations 1990 SI NO. 1020 and ocntrary to Section 25(3) of the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981."
I would be extremely grateful if anyone can help me out.
Thanks