• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tender pickups on Grafar / Graham Farish "steam" locos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Smith

Established Member
Joined
14 Nov 2009
Messages
1,439
Location
Sheffield
I occasionally add to my collection of N gauge locos and have discovered that older locomotives tend to derail less on my 1970s (originally built) layout, thus I really need to be buying Grafar or older Graham Farish stuff.
The problem is I want good current pick up and for that one needs tender pick ups, i.e. not just the driving ones on the driving wheels. I know some Farish models had these as I have a Hall and a Black 5 with them on. However not all do apparently, I was interested in a Grafar A4 on E Bay but the seller said it did not have a wire from the tender to the loco (and therefore cannot have tender pick ups ?)*
How does one know which models have tender pick ups and which do not ? And if the loco does not can one get those tender pick up kits to fit all the models (the A4 has a 4 axle tender) and do they work well ?

* Unless the wire has broken off at both ends at some time and been for gotten about ! ? !
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top