Butts
Veteran Member
MS grades were, IIRC, management salaried staff, and were graded numerically like the clerical grades, which were CO1-5 with a CO5 being highest.
I was told that when a CO5 was promoted to MS1, they lost the right to overtime, shift allowances and so on, but had a far higher basic salary to compensate. I'm not sure how right this informationw as, it was what I was told by colleagues. Anything of MS4 and above was equivalent to god like status to an ordianry clerical officer!
The bronze, silver and gold passes only apply to safeguarded staff, as far as I know they are not available to people who started on the privatisation. My knowledge is limited, but I always they reflected both the length f service and the status of the post held on retirement.
And what is the difference between a Bronze and Gold Version with regard to what services it can be used for.
Which position would warrant a Gold One ?