• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Technical issue with the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,943
Location
UK
I always found on the forum I ran that it was down to being connected via two different URLs. So in this case you go to railforums.co.uk and log in, but then when you post, you get redirected to www.railforums.co.uk and you're not logged in.

I've just tried railforums.co.uk and it works, but shows me as not logged in. To be honest, that should be redirecting people immediately.

What URL do you first see at the top when you visit the forum, either from a bookmark, history or a link from another site?

I have the subscriptions page bookmarked, so I see all the new posts that I've subscribed to. It also means I'm entering with the correct URL from the outset.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,493
Location
Yorkshire
I always found on the forum I ran that it was down to being connected via two different URLs. So in this case you go to railforums.co.uk and log in, but then when you post, you get redirected to www.railforums.co.uk and you're not logged in.

I've just tried railforums.co.uk and it works, but shows me as not logged in. To be honest, that should be redirecting people immediately.

What URL do you first see at the top when you visit the forum, either from a bookmark, history or a link from another site?

I have the subscriptions page bookmarked, so I see all the new posts that I've subscribed to. It also means I'm entering with the correct URL from the outset.

The posts by myself and maniacmartin a few posts up in the thread mentioned this, which may be of interest - we both agree there should be a redirection so everyone uses the same URL (this having to put www. in for things to work is very outdated and is something I actively discourage on websites I manage)
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
From my experience it's usually back up by 0215, but some days I've noticed it go on longer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top