• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Taxis at Liverpool Lime Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Mayen

Established Member
Joined
30 Sep 2020
Messages
1,362
Location
Sussex
Just got into a taxi at Lime Street.
I hadn't realised that, after you get picked up, you travel parrellel to platform 10, do a U turn, then go back to the exit.
Perhaps thus would be less of a problem if the traffic wasn't backed up.
£6 and I haven't left the station yet!
Can you get delay repay for taxis?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Djgr

Established Member
Joined
30 Jul 2018
Messages
3,418
Just got into a taxi at Lime Street.
I hadn't realised that, after you get picked up, you travel parrellel to platform 10, do a U turn, then go back to the exit.
Perhaps thus would be less of a problem if the traffic wasn't backed up.
£6 and I haven't left the station yet!
Can you get delay repay for taxis?
Last time I looked there were two taxi ranks at Liverpool Lime Street, the one you used and one through the Lord Nelson Street exit (past the low numbered platforms).

Perhaps that might be a better bet?
 

gazthomas

Established Member
Joined
5 Jun 2011
Messages
3,466
Location
Llandudno
I can't handle the financial stress of taxis in central London, each traffic light turning to red results in a physical and financial slump for me
 

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
Joined
8 May 2017
Messages
5,330
Last time I looked there were two taxi ranks at Liverpool Lime Street, the one you used and one through the Lord Nelson Street exit (past the low numbered platforms).

Perhaps that might be a better bet?
A little late to this, but I think the Lord Nelson Street rank is no longer there.
 

Djgr

Established Member
Joined
30 Jul 2018
Messages
3,418
A little late to this, but I think the Lord Nelson Street rank is no longer there.
Need to check. Perhaps due to the never ending building work.?

It's all Uber for me these days after continual arguments with Liverpool black cab drivers about where the City of Liverpool ends (answer-halfway through the Mersey Tunnel-It says on the tunnel wall!)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top