On behalf of some family members I am looking into sorting out a day trip from Tarragona to Barcelona (leaving around 8:00, returning around 20:00). Of the booking sites I've used (Trainline, Renfe and SpainRail) most journeys seem to be for Camp de Tarragona to Barcelona Sants with Renfe. The time to travel from their location to either Camp de Tarragona or Tarragona Estacio seems roughly the same and the latter station doesn't offer much services it seems either.
They are staying in Salou so unfortunately this also likely means they'll be needing to get a taxi or transport to the station. Interestingly fares seem to half if trying to book the day before. Every other day but tomorrow seems to be double the price, so I'm tempted to just tell them to buy the tickets on the day rather than try to book it in advance. Can anyone who has ever travelled on Spanish railways offer any further advice?
They are staying in Salou so unfortunately this also likely means they'll be needing to get a taxi or transport to the station. Interestingly fares seem to half if trying to book the day before. Every other day but tomorrow seems to be double the price, so I'm tempted to just tell them to buy the tickets on the day rather than try to book it in advance. Can anyone who has ever travelled on Spanish railways offer any further advice?