• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tallinn to St Petersburg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Universediver

Member
Joined
3 Sep 2012
Messages
37
We will be travelling on the train from Tallinn to St Petersburg this September. Has anyone travelled on this recently reopened route?
If you have we would like any feedback you have.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,957
Location
UK
Wow - what good timing.

Now, I am not sure the route they took (I won't know until they get back), but my parents were going from St Petersburg to Tallin last night on their big summer holiday by train to various parts of Europe and Russia.

From what I can make out by the texts I got from my mum, when stopped at the border, their Russian visa had expired by two hours.. leaving them to be detained and held for SEVEN hours to pay some hefty fines (bribes?) and get it sorted.

So by then they missed the train for the rest of the journey and had to find alternative means of transport. The Russians advised they hitchhiked with a Russian lorry driver, a suggestion that was politely refused.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top