• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Taking a bike on a train in the north west

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topgun333

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2013
Messages
165
I apologise if I have missed another thread that offers advice on this subject so happy to be pointed in the right direction if one exists.

I have just bought a road cycle with the intention of losing a few pounds and enjoying a few days cycling on weekends mainly.

My local station is Urmston which is only served by Northern and I know that I can get a bike easily on to a 142 which has space for it out of peak times. Do 150s and 156s also make it easy on Northern?

And if I transfer at Manchester Oxford Road to take a TP 185 for example to Yorkshire is there allocated space for a bike or will I be frowned upon by other passengers for taking up baggage space etc?

What are the rules in general with cycles?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Joined
8 Oct 2010
Messages
2,662
185's do have a bike section (If you can get past the Suitcases) 150's at least the Western ones have a good Bike space at one end of the Train and similar with 156's)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top