• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tables with rims and/or cup indents vs. Smooth tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheridan

Member
Joined
11 Jan 2012
Messages
638
I’ve noticed that on the refurbished Avanti Pendolinos, the folding tables are completely smooth with a rounded edge. Most train tables I’ve been familiar with either have a small rim around the edge, or a cup area which is either sunken or has a slightly raised edge. Has there been any work done on which is better for keeping a drink safe? I can see that having a rim could cause a drink to tip over if it hits it hard, but without one, if a drink reaches the edge it’s definitely going over!

Or does it depend on the type of service - is one better for e.g. metro work and another for intercity?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jw

Member
Joined
25 Jul 2010
Messages
176
I believe I watched a video recently on one of the recent refurbishments (not necessarily for Avanti), and the reason for removing the 'lip' around the edges of the table was that this is what the cleaners preferred!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top