• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT Staff Travel on East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiotic

Member
Joined
8 Sep 2011
Messages
73
Evening all,

(First of all sorry if this has been answered else where, I cant seem to find it)

Ive started working for SWT, and got all my travel passes through.

Just wanted to check something regarding our free travel on EMT, as our Staff travel pass doesn't mention free travel on EMT, is it that pass that I need? Or should i carry the red privilege card with it too? I will probably end up putting them all together anyway but just wanted to check what I needed and I am definitely covered for free travel on EMT? as the pass obviously says valid on "SWT and Island Line" services only.

Thanks!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2011
Messages
1,667
Evening all,

(First of all sorry if this has been answered else where, I cant seem to find it)

Ive started working for SWT, and got all my travel passes through.

Just wanted to check something regarding our free travel on EMT, as our Staff travel pass doesn't mention free travel on EMT, is it that pass that I need? Or should i carry the red privilege card with it too? I will probably end up putting them all together anyway but just wanted to check what I needed and I am definitely covered for free travel on EMT? as the pass obviously says valid on "SWT and Island Line" services only.

Thanks!

It's not a contractual benefit I think, so it isn't listed on the pass, however your SWT staff pass is what you need to carry and show EMT staff. Likewise their EMT pass is valid on SWT services.

On an unrelated note, didn't know the PRIV card was red? Is this the new edition that current PRIV holders will get in June? :)
 

Monty

Established Member
Joined
12 Jun 2012
Messages
2,373
You just need to show your SWT staff travel pass. :)

On an unrelated note, didn't know the PRIV card was red? Is this the new edition that current PRIV holders will get in June? :)

It's been red for the last seven years I've had one. ;)
 
Last edited:

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2011
Messages
1,667
You just need to show your SWT staff travel pass. :)



It's been red for the last seven years I've had one. ;)

Aha I see, you mean the red strip along the top of it? I took the Grey/Silver background to be the more dominant colour, hence my surprise! :lol:
 

Tomnick

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2005
Messages
5,934
EMT staff have a separate pass ("Rail Group Travel Pass") for travel on SWT services - don't the SWT chaps get something similar then?
 

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
Your barrier pass also works at st pancakes as well, well the last one did I havent tried the new one yet.

edit-
Nope we just get the normal 3 travel passes- ID card, staff travel pass and PRIV.
 

Tomnick

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2005
Messages
5,934
I dunno, it's not a concept I've come across on the railway...!
 

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2011
Messages
1,667
Your barrier pass also works at st pancakes as well, well the last one did I havent tried the new one yet.

edit-
Nope we just get the normal 3 travel passes- ID card, staff travel pass and PRIV.

Only STP? I tried it in Norwich once but those funny style barriers wouldnt even take it in! Only tried because EMT run services there so I wondered if it works, must try STP!
 

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
I must admit, I've never tried my EMT gateline pass on SWT gates - one to try next time!

Out of interest, do SWT employees get First Class boxes on their staff passes? EMT staff get two free First Class journeys per year on their Standard passes - I presume the separate Group pass prevents this upgrade being used on SWT as well.
 

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2011
Messages
1,667
I must admit, I've never tried my EMT gateline pass on SWT gates - one to try next time!

Out of interest, do SWT employees get First Class boxes on their staff passes? EMT staff get two free First Class journeys per year on their Standard passes - I presume the separate Group pass prevents this upgrade being used on SWT as well.

Haha you must be joking! We don't get any First class travel even on our own TOC if we hold STD class passes, we don't get boxes for anything! :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top