• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT: How would I get an ITSO season ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzer

Established Member
Joined
3 Feb 2012
Messages
2,784
I'm interesting in becoming a guinea pig for South West Trains' ITSO trials. Unfortunately, I've only just renewed my paper ticket (didn't actually realise it was online until a few minutes ago!), so unless it can be transferred somehow, it'll have to wait until after Easter. But, how would I go about doing it? I've just gone through the motions of buying a season ticket on the SWT website between Andover and Salisbury (I read that it should be operational Basingstoke <--> Honiton), and it gave me the option only for paper tickets. Can you still buy these?
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2011
Messages
1,667
South West Trains said:
Tickets can be purchased in one of two
ways:

• From our call centre - the ticket will be
electronically sent to the station and
picked up by you by placing your
Smartcard on an automatic ticket gate
or validator.

• Directly purchasing your new ticket
from one of the ticket vending
machines at the stations and loading
it onto the Smartcard at the ticket
vending machine.

For more information call our
Smart Helpline on
0845 810 1010 or email
smartcards@swtrains.co.uk

That doesn't explain where you get the actual smartcard from but I assume they will send one out to you if you call them!
 

Muzer

Established Member
Joined
3 Feb 2012
Messages
2,784
Ah - all the sources I found additionally listed the SWT website, which is why I was confused! Obviously, then, I'd have to phone them if I wanted one.
 

mattdickinson

Member
Joined
14 Nov 2010
Messages
605
Location
Uxbridge
Ah - all the sources I found additionally listed the SWT website, which is why I was confused! Obviously, then, I'd have to phone them if I wanted one.

You can get it from the website for £5.80 by buying a 7 day Ryde Pier Head - Ryde Esplanade season.
 

The islander

Member
Joined
24 Feb 2012
Messages
18
Location
Ryde, Isle of Wight
I'm interesting in becoming a guinea pig for South West Trains' ITSO trials. Unfortunately, I've only just renewed my paper ticket (didn't actually realise it was online until a few minutes ago!), so unless it can be transferred somehow, it'll have to wait until after Easter. But, how would I go about doing it? I've just gone through the motions of buying a season ticket on the SWT website between Andover and Salisbury (I read that it should be operational Basingstoke <--> Honiton), and it gave me the option only for paper tickets. Can you still buy these?

If you are renewing a season ticket please phone 0845 810 1010 and one can be issued for you, only in conjunction with a purchase of a season ticket. There is no charge for the card at this time. Please note they are not available for travel between the following stations.

Portsmouth Hbr and Bedhampton
Cosham and Bitterne
North of Woking.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top