• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT £13 Promo Fares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
23 Dec 2008
Messages
360
I want to travel Friday 7 July, Weymouth to London Waterloo with a break in Southampton, is this ticket suitable/acceptable ?

If I'm reading the tc's correctly it's an off-peak promo ticket not an advanced ticket so should be allowed.

Anyone advise?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

paddington

Member
Joined
19 Feb 2013
Messages
964
I broke my journey multiple times using tickets from previous iterations of this promo, there were singles available for £14.95 from Weymouth to London etc and also returns for £16

Ticket was checked by multiple guards who initially were surprised that I was taking a slow train but had no problems with breaking journey - though one did spend at least 60 seconds studying a ticket, not sure what for, surely looking up the restriction code would be more helpful
 

cactustwirly

Established Member
Joined
10 Apr 2013
Messages
8,424
Location
UK
Are the Portsmouth fares valid on the wightlink ferry as well as the Island line?

the T&Cs say:

9. If you buy a ticket to Portsmouth Harbour or Portsmouth & Southsea, it is also valid for a return journey on Island Line services for no additional charge.
 
Last edited:

planetf1

Member
Joined
14 Jan 2014
Messages
91
I think that is referring to island line trains


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top