• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR - Trainee Driver (Talent Pool) - Wimbledon, Bournemouth & Basingstoke (13/01/25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NSEWonderer

Established Member
Joined
5 Dec 2020
Messages
2,910
Location
London
Wimbledon vaccancy closed unsurprisingly quick! Other two are still active.
 
Last edited:

Kay_M

Member
Joined
18 Apr 2019
Messages
253
Wimbledon vaccancy had unsurprisingly closed rapidly. Other two are still active.
Looks like the folks from London are trying to seize the opportunity. I've forwarded this onto a few people that were interested yesterday.
 

Ducatichick

Member
Joined
30 Nov 2024
Messages
66
Location
South Coast
Hoping something comes up along the south coast soon that I can apply for. These are all a tad far for me. And since SW rejected my application for a depot I can get to within an hour ( they sadly decided I couldn’t :s) I’m keen to not have that happen again. Basingstoke really is an hour from me (and much further than Guildford)
 

Class2ldn

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2011
Messages
1,403
Hoping something comes up along the south coast soon that I can apply for. These are all a tad far for me. And since SW rejected my application for a depot I can get to within an hour ( they sadly decided I couldn’t :s) I’m keen to not have that happen again. Basingstoke really is an hour from me (and much further than Guildford)
Where do you actually live?
 

Neatro

Member
Joined
30 May 2018
Messages
536
Location
Birmingham
Hoping something comes up along the south coast soon that I can apply for. These are all a tad far for me. And since SW rejected my application for a depot I can get to within an hour ( they sadly decided I couldn’t :s) I’m keen to not have that happen again. Basingstoke really is an hour from me (and much further than Guildford)
Don't forget when your journey time is calculated it's usually in traffic as a precaution so if you can fly there in an hour but with traffic you're 1:15-1:30 that usually puts you outside it.
 

Ducatichick

Member
Joined
30 Nov 2024
Messages
66
Location
South Coast
Where do you actually live?
Hampshire. :)

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Don't forget when your journey time is calculated it's usually in traffic as a precaution so if you can fly there in an hour but with traffic you're 1:15-1:30 that usually puts you outside it.
Yeah I emailed SW to clarify what time they actually do the search and they said 16:30 in the afternoon. I’m still within the travel time at that hour (there is also the option of the train - also less than an hour) but I wasn’t going to argue. I don’t want to be blacklisted before getting out of the start gates :(

Wimbledon posting is back up:

 
Joined
30 Dec 2024
Messages
6
Location
Derby
Hi guys, does anybody know typically how long you’re waiting in the SWR talent pools? I know this is more of a how longs a piece of strong question, but if anybody has any knowledge based on past experiences I’d love to hear it!
 

SemaphoreJoy

Member
Joined
22 Dec 2022
Messages
23
Location
South England
Got an out-of-the-blue call yesterday inviting me to an assessment day for Bournemouth. Seems they are going to be running several days, too.
 

Goingloco

Member
Joined
4 Mar 2015
Messages
135
Cheers, I'm not after the tests just the names if possible. Is one the RAAT test for example?
 

SemaphoreJoy

Member
Joined
22 Dec 2022
Messages
23
Location
South England
Cheers, I'm not after the tests just the names if possible. Is one the RAAT test for example?
Different tests at different stages, if you're invited in you'll get at least a week to go over practise materials.

Initial tests are:

Ishihara Colour Vision
Trainability for Rules and Procedures (Part 1B and Part 2)
Group Bourdon
Test of Everyday Attention (TEA-Occ)

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Passed the medical today been offered a start date in August
Congrats
 

GiordyRail

Member
Joined
10 Nov 2024
Messages
44
Location
London
Different tests at different stages, if you're invited in you'll get at least a week to go over practise materials.

Initial tests are:

Ishihara Colour Vision
Trainability for Rules and Procedures (Part 1B and Part 2)
Group Bourdon
Test of Everyday Attention (TEA-Occ)

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Congrats
Thanks mate excited to start!
 

GiordyRail

Member
Joined
10 Nov 2024
Messages
44
Location
London
I made it through day 1 assessments, did you find assessment day 2 about the same? easier/harder?

So I did computer tests first then paper another day. Imo the Wavfv test was the hardest and for paper the hardest was Tea-occ. That test was designed to make you fail
 

Sammy Tee

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2024
Messages
9
Location
Poole
Passed the medical today been offered a start date in August
Congrats! How did you manage to go from assessment to job so quickly :'D I'm in for the Yeovil job and its taken me a year to get from Assessment to my MMI. Some money under the table me thinks :P
 

GiordyRail

Member
Joined
10 Nov 2024
Messages
44
Location
London
I didnt mind Tea-occ myself, I will have a look at Wavfv,
sorry ATAVT was the tricky one on computer, WAFV was alright just don't fall asleep ;)

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Congrats! How did you manage to go from assessment to job so quickly :'D I'm in for the Yeovil job and its taken me a year to get from Assessment to my MMI. Some money under the table me thinks :P
I think certain depots have a higher turnover compared to others, congrats getting for the Yeovil job. I hope to see yoyu down the line! Also how did you know about the brown envelopes
 

Sammy Tee

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2024
Messages
9
Location
Poole
I think certain depots have a higher turnover compared to others, congrats getting for the Yeovil job. I hope to see yoyu down the line! Also how did you know about the brown envelopes
Yeah that's what i assumed the reason was...just gotta remain patient i guess as it will happen eventually! But congrats once again on getting in and yeah hopefully see you one day!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top