silverail
New Member
I am commuting using SWR's Tap2Go from Basingstoke to Waterloo, tapping in and out to complete the journey. I have wondered though how it would work on the days with severe disruption on the way back from Waterloo - especially with tapping in, does anyone know?
Sometimes if there is alternate routes offered e.g. Waterloo -> Paddington -> Reading -> Basingstoke, with Tap2Go how would I even start the journey - would I have to tap in at the ticket barriers, and then somehow exit again without tapping to start the journey. And I guess any ticket inspector on the underground/GWR have to take my word for it that I've tapped in?
And then sometimes when taxis are offered, if I haven't begun the journey, am I eligible because technically I don't hold a ticket. And then again there is the issue of tapping in and out to have a 'ticket' to claim the taxi fare back with SWR.
I was thinking of buying an e-ticket in the app if I see disruption - but if all trains are cancelled, I don't think you can buy a ticket and anyway can't get the return pricing because the outwards leg was a Tap2Go journey.
Apologies if this has been asked before, I've had a look but not found any satisfying answers!
Sometimes if there is alternate routes offered e.g. Waterloo -> Paddington -> Reading -> Basingstoke, with Tap2Go how would I even start the journey - would I have to tap in at the ticket barriers, and then somehow exit again without tapping to start the journey. And I guess any ticket inspector on the underground/GWR have to take my word for it that I've tapped in?
And then sometimes when taxis are offered, if I haven't begun the journey, am I eligible because technically I don't hold a ticket. And then again there is the issue of tapping in and out to have a 'ticket' to claim the taxi fare back with SWR.
I was thinking of buying an e-ticket in the app if I see disruption - but if all trains are cancelled, I don't think you can buy a ticket and anyway can't get the return pricing because the outwards leg was a Tap2Go journey.
Apologies if this has been asked before, I've had a look but not found any satisfying answers!