Islineclear3_1
Established Member
Are 455s definitely confined to weekdays only now (M-F)?
No. Not sure where that idea came fromAre 455s definitely confined to weekdays only now (M-F)?
As per the unit diagrams issued on the SWR web page, dated September (onwards), 25 diagrams SX, 24 SO and 25 SUN. Appreciate SX at least one pair have now gone over to 701 (diagrams WM612/3 I believe) just over a week ago, possibly more by now (I'm not keeping that up to date), but essentially the mix SO and SUN (455 v 701) will I suspect remain very similar to that during SX days, as things wind down.Are 455s definitely confined to weekdays only now (M-F)?
Hi there. Yes, for some time now, to my surprise as well! Was about to add further about stock (455s) finishing at certain non depot locations (Guildford particularly) on Friday nights and starting again therefrom on Monday mornings. Given all 24/25 x 455 diagrams are used all days, SX, SO and SUN essentially, (barring recent 701 take overs that I have noticed SX), if the weekend requires the booked service to apply, then said 455's will be on the road SO & SUN, and even with engineering works, the units in situ at x location would be a planners first choice, for both stock and crew convenience*.@Big Jumby 74 Thank you, I never knew SWR CWN were in the public domain
Assuming a normal service through Guildford tomorrow (I haven't checked) trains stabled in platforms would normally be used for the next day's services. Anything not required will have been positioned in the Up Yard CS as a general rule. Platforms 3 and 8 we never stabled trains in overnight, even during engineering works, as NR required access through the station to all routes.2 pairs berth in Guildford platforms this evening so presume they will be in service tomorrow
Unlikely to affect the 455s too much, but the Direct is closed between Guildford and Havant all weekend. Possibly still tidying up after the signalling switchover last week?Assuming a normal service through Guildford tomorrow (I haven't checked) trains stabled in platforms would normally be used for the next day's services. Anything not required will have been positioned in the Up Yard CS as a general rule. Platforms 3 and 8 we never stabled trains in overnight, even during engineering works, as NR required access through the station to all routes.
It's a tad scary that after so many years out the service, I can still remember such trivia - I'm assuming that is, that the same rules still apply. I may well be wide of the mark!
There should be plenty out and about, last weekend there were 20 455 units on Saturday and 22 on Sunday. The CWN is a good guide, but worth looking on the day at the actual allocations as engineering works can alter diagrams and a couple more will be 701s than listed.@Big Jumby 74 Thank you, I never knew SWR CWN were in the public domain... Looks like there are a few pairs out tomorrow unless there are any substitutions/additional 701 diagrams. I may have a last swansong...
A quick look at RTT reveals the following allocations already up as of 00.34:Are 455s definitely confined to weekdays only now (M-F)?
No 455’s running on the Kingston loop interestingly, seems to be solid 450’s today!
Should be 2 scrap drags next week, both 08:24 departure.the scrap for Monday is now on RTT, depart early also, same as it did on Wednesday
Yet another example of the farce of privatisation - not having proper control of rolling stock deployment because of spurious contractual payment regimes.I believe something contractually about payments.
5710 was out of use for over a month until last Saturday when it worked paired with 5701 on an all day Shepperton diagram. It looks like that pair ended the day at Strawberry Hill CSD and have not done anything since, so they may still be there?
It would be interesting (?) if 5732 happens to survive to the end - like 4732 did!Saw 5732 on the rear of an UP Woking stopper this morning from street level if that helps?
Problem with a loco move?Seems today move got cancelled as seen from realtime trains