shoestring
Member
Hi, I used an open return ticket that had been already used before and got stopped when exiting the station. I had it checked twice - when entering the station I asked the ticket officer to check because I wasn't sure if it's been used. They okayed it. Then on the train the conductor also checked it. It was only on my way out that I was told it's been used. I got issued a note for prosecution and told I'll most likely have to pay around 100 pounds. But I'm worried about the potential criminal record. I got in touch with lawyers who said they'd charge me 800 pounds altogether to get a settlement. I have one other open return ticket that's been used twice (which is why I thought this one hasn't been used). I wonder if it's safe to wait for SWR to write to me and then settle without lawyers and pay the fee. Or is there a danger they'll go hard? If the most likely outcome is a fee in the lower hundreds I feel like paying 800 for lawyers is a bit of an overkill. But I'm also super new to the UK and don't know how this system works.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
PS: I forgot to mention that the tickets show as valid on the SWR app, which is why I got confused.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
PS: I forgot to mention that the tickets show as valid on the SWR app, which is why I got confused.