• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Guard Job London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sblondon

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2020
Messages
12
Location
London
I got through the assessment day and was invited to an interview but then the coronavirus lockdown started so the interview was cancelled (by phone and email) until further notice.
Does anyone have any idea when interviews may be being started up again at all please?
I rang the number on the email just to get an idea but no answer...
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dth

Member
Joined
14 Mar 2017
Messages
73
Guards' manager's usually conduct the interview for Waterloo guards and currently they are working remotely, apart from cover. I would expect them to rearrange when government guidelines change to allow office based workers to return to work.
 

MatthewLdn

Member
Joined
15 Jan 2020
Messages
194
Location
London
I passed my interview for the guard position with SWR at Waterloo in February. I recently emailed them for an update and was told that all recruitment is suspended for the time being and that once staff are back in the office, they’ll be in touch again.
 

LuckyJackal

Member
Joined
31 Jan 2019
Messages
45
I got through the assessment day and was invited to an interview but then the coronavirus lockdown started so the interview was cancelled (by phone and email) until further notice.
Does anyone have any idea when interviews may be being started up again at all please?
I rang the number on the email just to get an idea but no answer...
Hi Sblondon, congratulations on passing the assessment day. I can imagine you are over the moon. Would you be able to tell me what tests you did on the assessment day and may give some tips to passing, thanks?
 

MiNi

Member
Joined
22 Sep 2019
Messages
532
Location
Sherborne
Hi Sblondon, congratulations on passing the assessment day. I can imagine you are over the moon. Would you be able to tell me what tests you did on the assessment day and may give some tips to passing, thanks?
Test for swr guard are. Colour vision,maths,scaat,raat,customer service situations,rvce(railway cummination) and for commercial guards ticket issuing & checking test.
 

LuckyJackal

Member
Joined
31 Jan 2019
Messages
45
Thank you for the reply. So they did do the maths test at the assessment centre, because I was told by someone that they do that online now?​
 

moorw003

Member
Joined
3 Nov 2017
Messages
22
If a maths test is required, it will be done at the assessment centre in Southampton.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top