Hi,
Is there anyway to know whereabouts the FC carriage will be located before the train arrives at the platform mid route? It is usually on the front of the train, sometimes in the middle and sometimes towards the back.
My reason for asking is that I have a disability and have paid extra for a FC season ticket to travel to London in the peak hours (around 7:30am) and ensure I get a seat. However I am finding that 10-20% of the trains don’t have the FC carriage at the front. This doesn’t sound significant but if I am waiting on the platform at the front and the carriage is at the middle or to rear of the train I have no realistic way of getting to the carriage. I actually have to wait on the platform for the next train! It is not possible for me to move between carriages because it is so busy (standing room only).
Virgin obviously state where the FC carriages are on the overhead noticeboards but SWR doesn’t do this on their packed commuter trains.
Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you.
Is there anyway to know whereabouts the FC carriage will be located before the train arrives at the platform mid route? It is usually on the front of the train, sometimes in the middle and sometimes towards the back.
My reason for asking is that I have a disability and have paid extra for a FC season ticket to travel to London in the peak hours (around 7:30am) and ensure I get a seat. However I am finding that 10-20% of the trains don’t have the FC carriage at the front. This doesn’t sound significant but if I am waiting on the platform at the front and the carriage is at the middle or to rear of the train I have no realistic way of getting to the carriage. I actually have to wait on the platform for the next train! It is not possible for me to move between carriages because it is so busy (standing room only).
Virgin obviously state where the FC carriages are on the overhead noticeboards but SWR doesn’t do this on their packed commuter trains.
Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you.