Hi, this is my first time posting.
In early November, I was stopped on the Southern Western Railway train to Egham by revenue protection staff requesting to show my ticket. I don't own a railcard and was using a 16-17 savers railcard to make my train-line e-ticket cheaper, which I now regret. I received a prosecution slip from the revenue staff and was told they would contact me.
A couple of months have passed, and I have now received an email, as shown in the attachments below. The issue is they initially contacted me by my email of the train-line account, which is not my primary email, and then later contacted me the email I provided to the revenue protection staff for communication. The 2nd email I received to the correct sounds much more concerning as I didn't respond in time to the first email and am quite worried about how I should proceed. I was also given a specific time frame for using invalid tickets.
Should I first explain why I didn't respond on time to the email and then follow up with an account of my actions, persuading for an out-of-court settlement?
In early November, I was stopped on the Southern Western Railway train to Egham by revenue protection staff requesting to show my ticket. I don't own a railcard and was using a 16-17 savers railcard to make my train-line e-ticket cheaper, which I now regret. I received a prosecution slip from the revenue staff and was told they would contact me.
A couple of months have passed, and I have now received an email, as shown in the attachments below. The issue is they initially contacted me by my email of the train-line account, which is not my primary email, and then later contacted me the email I provided to the revenue protection staff for communication. The 2nd email I received to the correct sounds much more concerning as I didn't respond in time to the first email and am quite worried about how I should proceed. I was also given a specific time frame for using invalid tickets.
Should I first explain why I didn't respond on time to the email and then follow up with an account of my actions, persuading for an out-of-court settlement?