• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Assessment day Feb 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

DA1

Member
Joined
22 May 2017
Messages
444
Location
England
They’re all working from home as expected so drop them an email. I did as I’m waiting a start date and I got a call the next day.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HTR

Member
Joined
5 May 2019
Messages
33
Location
Salisbury ish
Just received this back:

Thank you for your email. I can see that your application is ongoing. Unfortunately, due to the current circumstances there maybe some delay. I have no further update for you.
 

Tevion539

Member
Joined
23 Apr 2020
Messages
472
Location
The Milkyway
I applied for a commercial guard position in basingstoke around abouts in Jan. I only just had an email yesterday saying I passed the screening and I'm awaiting a date for assessment due to COVID-19. What should I expect, anyone know? thanks.
 

MiNi

Member
Joined
22 Sep 2019
Messages
532
Location
Sherborne
It will be in Southampton at overline house. Tests will be::colour vision,maths,scaat,Raat, customer service situations,rvce(railway verbal communication). And ticket selling & checking. It's a long day & you are sent home as soon as you fail a test. You sit in a room together & if the door opens & your name is called then it's game over
 

MiNi

Member
Joined
22 Sep 2019
Messages
532
Location
Sherborne
Ah, okay. What kind of maths are involved in the test?
Usual stuff really. Some adding,some taking away and some times tables.
Also stuff like ? + 27 = 30 or 8 x ? = 40. I'm no whizz kid at maths but only 1 person failed in our group of 16.
 

Tevion539

Member
Joined
23 Apr 2020
Messages
472
Location
The Milkyway
Cheers, I wasn't really given a chance in school so Maths sort of go away from me after Year 8, among other things!

Guess I'll need to brush up on basic algebra, though. Want to give this my best shot.
 

Nevergiveup

Member
Joined
19 Jun 2019
Messages
251
There is no SCAAT test for train driver at SWR, it’s group bourdon instead which is done with pen and paper.
Can I just ask if the SCAAT test is done with pen and paper?

Although SCAAT should be done on pen and paper I guess
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top