• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Switzerland FIP Basel-Luzern query

Status
Not open for further replies.

brick60000

Member
Joined
18 Apr 2013
Messages
463
Evening everyone. As part of an upcoming trip, I’m planning on making a journey from Basel to Lake Lucerne. I have both SBB & SP coupons.

I think I’ve worked out that SOB operate the IR26 service, and SBB operate the IR27 service. I understand that my SBB coupon would be valid therefore on the IR26, but I can’t work out if the SOB operated IR26 is covered on SP.

RSTL’s guide lists the boundaries for each operator and I can’t see it listed, but I also can’t see it explicitly excluded. Any help or advice offered greatly appreciated
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
7 Jan 2009
Messages
1,031
Well, sort of. The services involved are actually jointly branded SOB and SBB and, in effect, use capacity that was created exclusively for SBB services. I would imagine that a coupon of either SBB or SP would be accepted just fine in practice. The RSTL description is about the lines that are exclusively owned and worked by SOB in North East Switzerland. The route to Basel/Bern, operated in this form, is a new one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top