• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Surviving Railway Infrastructure in Cardiff area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinson102

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2015
Messages
103
Wondering if people might be able to advise/help to create a list of what known surviving railway (or tramway) infrastructure & architecture there may be, within the Cardiff 'city' area?


Central/General station, and the original Cardiff Bay station, are the initial things that come to mind. I have been told there is a goods shed (or something along these lines) next to the car park to the South side of Central station - however I have not yet seen this myself.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

civ-eng-jim

Member
Joined
16 Jul 2011
Messages
406
Location
UK
Ordnance Survey maps are always a good starting point. Look online for apps where you can compare old maps and current maps side by side. "Where's the Path" is one app that springs to mind.
 

SB48188

Member
Joined
9 Apr 2014
Messages
13
Check out railmaponline.com which allows you to switch between Google maps satellite view and various old O.S maps
 

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
Check out railmaponline.com which allows you to switch between Google maps satellite view and various old O.S maps

That looks like a great site. I can clearly see the railways that used to run along the roads around Llanelli, and which I've referred to here numerous times!

Sorry to go a bit off topic :)
 

GRALISTAIR

Established Member
Joined
11 Apr 2012
Messages
10,547
Location
Preston Lancs
Check out railmaponline.com which allows you to switch between Google maps satellite view and various old O.S maps

That looks like a great site. I can clearly see the railways that used to run along the roads around Llanelli, and which I've referred to here numerous times!

Sorry to go a bit off topic :)


Wow - you are correct. That is a great site indeed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top