• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Surbiton -> Waterloo/Vauxhall

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjh122

New Member
Joined
25 Jan 2025
Messages
1
Location
London
Hello folks

Quick query. I commute average c. 3.5 days a week from Surbiton to central London. I have a Brompton which space permitting I'd like to get on the stopping service to Vauxhall and then cycle to the office. Being zone 1/2 the season ticket is around £1400 pa instead of £2400 pa. Daily fares are c. £11 vs £16 so it's a big saving either way. However, Tuesdays and Thursdays it can be impossible to get on the stopping service in the morning or evening so I end up getting the non-stop to Waterloo. I see that SW have a SmartCard which apparently calculates the correct fare.

My question is - is it worth getting a Surbiton -> Vauxhall season ticket and then if and when I do go to Waterloo, will the SmartCard top up the difference from my debit card?

Or am I overthinking this and I'm just better off doing PAYG contactless?

Thirdly, assuming this is a regulated fare, will season tickets increase in March by the same % as a contactless fare?

Thanks in advance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top